The Student Room Group

Applying for 08 Entry - too late? how to go about it if not

Alrite, so i was at uni until last summer, dropped out after results and then just been sitting around for the last year working and whatever.
Now, i want to go back to uni, but obviously did not apply through ucas in january.
i want to start this year as being a mature student (21 by end of august), the longer i leave it, the older il be when i finish.i just cant afford to wait a whole year.
Is there any way to still apply to uni for 2008 entry, and how would i go about it?
i know which uni i want to go to, but i realise there probably wont be much choice available to me if there is even a chance for me to still apply.

any help appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
You'll need to hurry up. If you apply after June 30th you'll only be going into Clearing, but if you apply before you can choose 5 places to apply to. Since it would be very hard to get your whole application done in just over a week, you may be better to wait.

Have a read of late applications and Clearing

:juno:
Reply 2
But how would i go about applying if i did it now? i have read the 'Ucas Apply' wiki, and it says to contact them if you dont have a referee. I dont, so will that be ok? what would they say about that? I dont really wanna ask my old 6th form, as they would be really annoyed that i ask them to write one in a week, and i dont really like the woman who would be writing it for me, so is there any way i would be able to apply without it?
Also, is it not better if i try and apply before the 30th, as this gives me one chance to apply this way, and then i can apply through clearing aswell if i dont get any offers right? that way i would have two chances of getting in, or am i missing something? will they say you already applied here and got declined, so you cant come back through clearing now?
And if i waited till after the 30th, how would i apply through clearing? i thought you needed an application number or something to apply through it?
Its not that difficult to apply in a week is it? i had look at the ucas apply wiki, and what you need to do doesnt seem like much, except maybe the personal statement which might take two or three days to a week, depending on how much i change it?

Sorry about all of the questions, i cant believe ive put off applying for this long.
Reply 3
It's the reference that will take a while. You'd need to agree with the unis you want to apply to that you don't need a reference, and most will want one. So it's not really fair to ask anyone to do it in a week, but you probably won't be able to apply without one.

The rest of the form shouldn't take long.

If you wait til after the 30th, you'd fill out a UCAS form as usual, but not make any choices. That would give you your application number. Then when Clearing starts (on results day) you'd start the Clearing process.

Reply 4
Juno
You'll need to hurry up. If you apply after June 30th you'll only be going into Clearing, but if you apply before you can choose 5 places to apply to. Since it would be very hard to get your whole application done in just over a week, you may be better to wait.

Have a read of late applications and Clearing

Does that mean that you can definitely still apply after 30th June? And get entered into clearing?

Do you still have to fill out a personal statement and get a reference etc?
Reply 5
Becky7337
Does that mean that you can definitely still apply after 30th June? And get entered into clearing?

Do you still have to fill out a personal statement and get a reference etc?

Yes to all

Reply 6
OK, ive decided to apply this week. but i dont know where to get my refrence from? who do i ask? i thought maybe the head of 6th form, but shes a bit annoying, and ive not been there for 3 years now so i dont know if she would be the best option.
ive been at uni for 2 years, until last september, so is there anyway i could just sort of reapply internally or something and go back to that same uni to study a new course without having to go through ucas?

Also, if i did ask the 6th form teacher, itl be summer hols in about 3 weeks, will she be ok with writing it do u think?

thank you for any help, and sorry for all of the annoying questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending