The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've recently been given my partnership card, and I don't understand what I have to do to sign in on the John Lewis website. It says you need your internet ID which is found on your letter but I can't seem to find it, do I need to do something on PartnerLink for it recognise me or do I need to do something else? It would really help me if someone could help, I need to get Christmas presents!!
Original post by meg_copsey
I've recently been given my partnership card, and I don't understand what I have to do to sign in on the John Lewis website. It says you need your internet ID which is found on your letter but I can't seem to find it, do I need to do something on PartnerLink for it recognise me or do I need to do something else? It would really help me if someone could help, I need to get Christmas presents!!

If this is a Partnership Card (as in credit card) then you'll receive your internet ID and password separate in the post over the coming days.

If your entitled to partner discount on need to phone the personnel service centre at Bracknell in order to get your card 'linked' to your partner number in order to claim automatic discount in Waitrose (pre till upgrade) although this should also work when you input your email address into partnerlink and register your details on JL.com.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SadiaAhmed_
My job role is the same as yours, 'various departments', they put me into John Lewis home which is where I wanted to be put in initially, so I'm happy. For me, my 1 to 1 interviewer was actually the manager for the home department and I sorta milked it saying I would love to work along side you in the home department quite a couple times, so I would suggest you mention which area you would like to work in. And as for the branches, it's the different sections inside the store.
Furthermore, you'll find that people in your interview are similar age to you or not much older really, it was like that for me (I'm 17). Just make sure you contribute as much as you can and make sure you put forward all your points to the assessment. Good luck!!

Thank you! That's really reassuring about the other applicants being of similar age but I thought 'various branches' meant different 'stores'? There was a list of different stores on the application?
Do they employ under 16's?
Reply 9824
Applied for a night shift job that says "shift premium for hours worked between 22:00 and 06:00" anyone know how much that is?
Original post by KX321
Applied for a night shift job that says "shift premium for hours worked between 22:00 and 06:00" anyone know how much that is?

It's always been a third when I've done it :smile: haven't been at Waitrose in a year so not sure if it's changed (though I doubt it)
Not sure if this differs in each branch but is the food in the Partner Dining Room free?
When can I put in for leave in 2016?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Not sure if this differs in each branch but is the food in the Partner Dining Room free?

In our branch, yes
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
In our branch, yes

Just so we're clear, are you talking about the food that's near the counter and you put it in a tray?

If so, then damn I've been missing out on a free lunch! :tongue:

I've been buying food from the vending machines since I started
Can we get partner discount on items that aren't John Lewis brand? My mum wants some ghd's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the Sunday rate of pay is different? I started this week and do Thursday & Saturday shifts but was wondering with regards to overtime!
Original post by ktb1006
Does anyone know if the Sunday rate of pay is different? I started this week and do Thursday & Saturday shifts but was wondering with regards to overtime!

Sunday is time and a half

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, where abouts is your time card on PartnerLink?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango

No it's subsided oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Add!ction
Can we get partner discount on items that aren't John Lewis brand? My mum wants some ghd's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! You'll only get 12% as its electrical is your Mum your nominated other person who has your additional card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ktb1006
Also, where abouts is your time card on PartnerLink?

Bottom right of the homepage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. My daughter has been working for a Waitrose for 9 months. Can you tell me when she is allowed to submit leave requests for 2016? Thanks
Original post by Caitlinmir
Hi. My daughter has been working for a Waitrose for 9 months. Can you tell me when she is allowed to submit leave requests for 2016? Thanks

Not sure about her particular branch but at our branch we're being asked to submit 2016 leave requests from Nov 15th
Hi :smile: I received a job offer by phone on Monday 9th Nov and was told I would be sent out an email and confirmation letter. I know it is only Thursday 12th and I should be patient its just I'm currently employed to sainsbury's and need to tender 1months notice and was told my start date for Waitrose would be the 4th December. should I call in to find out if the letter has been sent? its just I do not want seem 2 eager but in the same sense I know I should find out.

Latest

Trending

Trending