The Student Room Group

Does it matter what uni u go to?

Hi iam studying physics, maths and economics a-level in my mock i got a DCC i am so worried, i want to do civil engineering, and want to go to UCL. But if i dont and go to a less demanding uni like Univeristy of east london. Will my job prospects go down,
Reply 1
please can anyone help, do predicted grades matter?
Original post by DD_vendz
Hi iam studying physics, maths and economics a-level in my mock i got a DCC i am so worried, i want to do civil engineering, and want to go to UCL. But if i dont and go to a less demanding uni like Univeristy of east london. Will my job prospects go down,

Maybe persuade your teachers to increase your predicted grades a little bit. Apply to some decent unis and if you do end up doing really well then you can go through Adjustment
yes

Your predicted grades are not good enough for UCL. Get your a levels and take a gap year. Then apply
Reply 5

Hi, it's all down to how determined you are, for my mocks I got B(mathematics), C(physics), D(econ) and a D(further maths) I needed a A*AA predicted for LSE, so I dropped one of my a levels and worked my ass off, asking the teachers to predict me higher through retakes, and I was able to get a A*AA prediction, I am now off to LSE with my final alevels being A*A*A, it's better to do bad in your mocks so that you realise that you need to work harder and become more desperate.
Reply 6
Original post by WookieJ
Hi, it's all down to how determined you are, for my mocks I got B(mathematics), C(physics), D(econ) and a D(further maths) I needed a A*AA predicted for LSE, so I dropped one of my a levels and worked my ass off, asking the teachers to predict me higher through retakes, and I was able to get a A*AA prediction, I am now off to LSE with my final alevels being A*A*A, it's better to do bad in your mocks so that you realise that you need to work harder and become more desperate.

Well done you. Congratulations! And I agree about mocks but do you know where you went wrong OP?Remember you have a whole year to go.
Reply 7
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Your predicted grades are not good enough for UCL. Get your a levels and take a gap year. Then apply

oh. so should i apply for a less demanding uni like university of east london
Reply 8
oh. so should i apply for a less demanding uni like university of east london

here is the link

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6131820&p=85180912#post85180912
Reply 9
Original post by Scotney
Well done you. Congratulations! And I agree about mocks but do you know where you went wrong OP?Remember you have a whole year to go.

Sorrry for the late reply, For economics, I realised that i wasn't following the correct essay-format, for example, i would just regurgitate knowledge from the textbook without context from the extract which costed me loads of marks! for maths, it was just down to lack of practice, I was especially weak for statistics and mechanics so I just did every single question in the textbook, at that time it just seemed tedious and hard but trust me, when your year 13 and looking back at the questions you actually understand the notes and it all becomes clearer!, for physics i'm unable to help you that much because i dropped it for further maths but doing past papers and looking at the mark-scheme at what they want is important i think.

Quick Reply

Latest