The Student Room Group
Dunno about Leeds in particular, but have a look at this website

http://admissionsforum.net/viewforum.php?f=18
Reply 2
There will be 3 interviewers, a chairperson (senior interviewer), a GP/consultant/SpR and a medical student (year 3 and above).

Each member of the panel marks you out of 15, which is 3 marks each for communication, motivation and insight, responsibility, social awareness and interests. So theres 45 marks for the interview. This year you needed about 37 marks for an offer (not including ucas form).

Generally, the questions are pretty specific. They may ask you to talk about a recent news topic, they will certainly ask you questions regarding your personal statement, especially work experience, so definitely look over that again. An socio economics question could pop up, like, regarding health problems in a specific area, eg, TB in East London.
Reply 3
Are you asking for this year's application cycle or next year's?
Not that it makes a difference; I'm just curious to know if you are very early or very late.
Reply 4
wow... didn't know how they scored it. I thought mine went pretty well but wasn't overly confident compared to some of my other ones.
No I didn't know how they scored it either, but they kept writing down stuff in mine I guess ticking/crossing boxes maybe.. who knows. But I had three people too, I had the admissions tutor a 4th year student and one of the oral maxillo lecturers.
kookoo_koochoo
No I didn't know how they scored it either, but they kept writing down stuff in mine I guess ticking/crossing boxes maybe.. who knows. But I had three people too, I had the admissions tutor a 4th year student and one of the oral maxillo lecturers.

Aww you escaped GY too! congratulations :biggrin:
strawberrysunshine
Aww you escaped GY too! congratulations :biggrin:

HA as if you are from here too, what are the odds :wink: maybe I know you :ninja:
Reply 8
They're really nice and relaxed, the student comes to fetch you and you sit in a little room.

They LOVE asking about people with limited access to healthcare, e.g. homeless, elderly, immigrants etc they asked me for FOUR examples one after other >.<

And they also read out an ethical situation and asked how I would deal with it.

Other than that it was very PS based, I found :smile:

Emma
x

Latest

Trending

Trending