The Student Room Group

help me im stuck

im really stuck on the following questions if anyone can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Describe the provision of education in the uk. Explain why there is state and private provision of education.(8)
2.Put the economic arguments for and against charging students for their university tuiton and other fees.(10)
3.What is the case for and against paying students £40 per week to stay on in education from 16-18. Educational Maintenance allowances(10)

I have to write 1000 words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:

THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply 1
babylou
im really stuck on the following questions if anyone can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Describe the provision of education in the uk. Explain why there is state and private provision of education.(8)
2.Put the economic arguments for and against charging students for their university tuiton and other fees.(10)
3.What is the case for and against paying students £40 per week to stay on in education from 16-18. Educational Maintenance allowances(10)

I have to write 1000 words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:

THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2: If the cost goes up demand goes down. This means we will become less skilled and as unskilled jobs can be done cheaper abroad unemployment rate will increase
As the cost goes up less well off people stop going to university. as people who go to university earn more than those who dont there is less social mobility and more inequality
increases levels of debts even higher, debt in this country is rising at unsustainable rates and this will only add to it
Benfit: higher education is underfunded, by putting more money into it via top up fees you can keep govenrment spending down and yet still make sure that higher education is better funded
Reply 2
hey thanx for the help. Life saver!!!!!!!!!! x
babylou

talk about how they want to bring in competition into the system in order to boost overall achievement- people will get better jobs therefore, will add to prosperity to the economy.

the fact that they have brought in targets-testing-tables and just explain the rationale behind it. i.e. to create incentives and opportunity by allowing pupils to reach their potential

You could talk about the Education Act of 1988 i.e. to have a national curriculum by which the gov. would set a target.
Rationale behind this was to increase competativeness between schools by exposing the good and failing schools. This would give information to parents thereby giving them choice.
Also talk about the New Right approach of bringing private sector methods into the system. (quasi-market) Schools will respond to the competition and will want to raise their game.

hope this makes sense!
Reply 4
thanx yeh it did make sense and helped loads. Diamond!!!!!!!!1X

Latest

Trending

Trending