The Student Room Group

Primark: New Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smilingtribute
Don’t close the thread! It will be useful for anyone else applying.

Ok I’ll think about it. I’ll give a month and if this is not active I will close this thread.
I’m also in need of help as I want to join Primark. Is it fine if I can PM you @Smilingtribute
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
I’m also in need of help as I want to join Primark. Is it fine if I can PM you @Smilingtribute

You can!
Original post by Smilingtribute
You can!

K thanks
@Smilingtribute

What type of worker are you at Primark; Full-time, part-time, Weekend, night shift?
Reply 86
Does anyone still have a download of the employee handbook from myworkday? I forgot to save it and I'd like to print it before my induction on the 25th thank you!!
Looks like this thread is inactive so I've been looking at other Primark careers thread and people who chatted the most and helped out @ROC10 we hope you'll be able to come and help this thread as its very inactive.
Original post by eckvice
Does anyone still have a download of the employee handbook from myworkday? I forgot to save it and I'd like to print it before my induction on the 25th thank you!!

How has your induction gone and how are you fiding your first 4 weeks and shifts at Primark.
I've got questions on the Job process at Primark will anyone help me?
I've got questions on the Job process at Primark will anyone help me?

I've been working at Primark for the past year if you have any questions.
hey, let me know if you still need a copy.

it should be available on workday but if for whatevr reason you can't find it let me know and i'll send it over.

it's worth noting that we are currently going through ISE (in store experience) which may mean some parts of the handbook becomes void / changes. Primark may update the handbook in the near future but i'm not 100% sure.

likewise, your people and culture (HR) team should have a hard copy for you to reference, and in smaller stores you can ask a supervisor or manager and they should be able to get a copy for you to look at too.

i wouldn't recommend printing as you rarely reference it (many questions can be answered by your immediate supervisor) and your induction is a condensed version of the handbook!

sorry for delayed reply but hope it helps. enjoy your new job x
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by itsallgravy
I've been working at Primark for the past year if you have any questions.

My questions have been asked but thanks. If you have any questions or if you’d like to answer questions feel free to stay.
Just been offered a weekend job at Primark 😁
Got induction on the 8th March.
Can anyone please tell me when I will get my first wage?
Thanks!
Original post by Bethxhxx
Just been offered a weekend job at Primark 😁
Got induction on the 8th March.
Can anyone please tell me when I will get my first wage?
Thanks!

Hi, congrats on the job.

Payday happens every 28 days on a Friday and cut-off happens the week before. The next payday is Friday 13th of March but because your induction is after the cut-off date (either 6th of March at midnight or 7th of March, I can't remember which,) your induction pay and any hours worked from there onwards will go onto the next payday which is happening on Friday 10th of April.
Hi, ive just got offered a job at primark 16 hour weekday contract, got my induction in 2 weeks. I was wondering what the uniform sizing is like. I am usually an 8/10 so was wondering whether a small or medium in the tops and fleece would be better as I dont want them too tight but I also dont want them too big???

TIA
Hi, can you send me a copy too, please? I’ll start tomorrow and I can’t find it anywhere. Thanks!
Original post by paigexmorris
Hi, ive just got offered a job at primark 16 hour weekday contract, got my induction in 2 weeks. I was wondering what the uniform sizing is like. I am usually an 8/10 so was wondering whether a small or medium in the tops and fleece would be better as I dont want them too tight but I also dont want them too big???

TIA

You should be fine with a small in tops and medium in fleece. (Fleeces can be a little stiffer and less roomy.) But don't worry, they run through it all at the induction.
Hello,

This thread is for everyone; those who wants to work at Primark, those who worked at Primark and to those who are already working at Primark. I have decided to make a new thread as the other Primark thread is 11 years old and the last time people have chatted on that thread was for 3 months. At this moment I am not a Primark employee, hopefully I will be an employee there as I have just applied yesterday for a Christmas temporary jobs. I will tag those people who have chatted on the older Primark thread but as that thread was in 2008 the wage has changed dramtically, induction's have changed and interview's should be similar.

Here are things you need to know about Primark's benefits: (As of October 2019 - Sales Assistant)

- Various shifts. E.g. A student working at Primark will easily be able to work during the weekends instead of Monday morning whilst they are studying at school, college or university.
- Training to develop your skills
- Fast-paced, fun culture
- Supportive colleagues
- 10% off during different seasons. E.g. Christmas, Easter, New Year, Summer

If you want to apply link is right here: https://careers.primark.com/

Just found this thread. Slightly nosy... did you get the job in the end at Primark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending