The Student Room Group

Fact.

the average medical student kills 11 people before they become fully qualified.

how does this make you feel about wanting to study medicine now :wink: don't want to be rude but being on the boards and just browsing there are a LOT of people who want to do it for money, lots of questions like do dentists earn more than doctors etc..

how would you feel killing (around) 11 people before you get qualified?

let me know if this puts you off :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
spencerocks

how does this make you feel about wanting to study medicine now :wink: don't want to be rude but being on the boards and just browsing there are a LOT of people who want to do it for money, lots of questions like do dentists earn more than doctors etc..

How many of those would have died anyway? How many people might you have helped in the same space of time?
Reply 2
spencerocks

No, it does not. How many people would eventually be saved due to the sacrifices of those 11? And as |Fluffy said, how many of those people would die anyway? Do you have a source for your fact?

I do agree that there are a few people on this forum that seem to want to do medicine or dentistry for the money. That might just be one of the reasons. Interviewers are quite capable of seeding those people who appear to have little or no committment out of the admissions process though...
Reply 3
spencerocks

what?? how can a medical student kill someone? they can't even order blood tests ! :confused:
Reply 4
spencerocks

Well that wont happen to me. I will save and help everyone.
Reply 5
hihihihi
Well that wont happen to me. I will save and help everyone.

:biggrin: keep telling yourself that:biggrin:
Reply 6
Where did you get that *******s from?
the money sucks ass

its only good when u hit say 35
Reply 8
HaggenDaZ
the money sucks ass

its only good when u hit say 35

Thats true, and only if you take up private practice...

BTW where did you get all that rep from?:tongue:
visesh
Thats true, and only if you take up private practice...

BTW where did you get all that rep from?:tongue:

and you wanna know how much that costs? :biggrin:

man on the moon
Reply 10
HaggenDaZ
and you wanna know how much that costs? :biggrin:

man on the moon

Which one? There haven't been many men on the moon for the past 20odd years...
visesh
Which one? There haven't been many men on the moon for the past 20odd years...

teh speshul wun

i gota sleep man

g'night
Reply 12
Helenia
Where did you get that *******s from?

how many people have you got through this week, helenia? i killed 2 this morning so my average isn't looking good for the year :frown: they really shouldn't let us fiddle with the perfusion machines.
Reply 13
lol

Touch wood, I'm not aware that I've "killed" anyone as yet!

I seriously think you should check your sources of stats!
Reply 14
joyabbott
lol

Touch wood, I'm not aware that I've "killed" anyone as yet!

*hides the bodies*
Reply 15
timeofyourlife
how many people have you got through this week, helenia? i killed 2 this morning so my average isn't looking good for the year :frown: they really shouldn't let us fiddle with the perfusion machines.

Well, there was that one this morning, bit of a bugger. And the one at the weekend - how was I to know you can't defib someone still standing? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I came closer to killing myself this morning cycling between lectures than I've ever come to harming anyone else. Fact check someone, please :wink:
Reply 16
I am the cause of my own death.
Reply 17
Helenia
Well, there was that one this morning, bit of a bugger. And the one at the weekend - how was I to know you can't defib someone still standing? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I came closer to killing myself this morning cycling between lectures than I've ever come to harming anyone else. Fact check someone, please :wink:

i'd recommend everyone subscribes to BUPA, you just can't trust us killer med students :cool:

i'm sure you'll be ok on your bike, just keep an eye out for disgruntled lone women driving 4x4s :wink:
Reply 18
the fact is from my teacher, who oversees every med student who goes from my 6th form college, teaches various classes on it and runs the group called medics for people, and she is also married to a doctor, it is a fact
Reply 19
i therefore think you may need to look up the definition of a 'fact'

Latest