The Student Room Group

Slim fit straight jeans vs skinny jeans?

Well I'm rather baffled. :biggrin:
Does anyone know what the difference is between skinny jeans and slim fit straight jeans?
I went into Uniqlo today and tried on both types - the only difference was that the skinny jeans made my balls want to pop out and run away. Is it just the tightness then?
In the end I went for the slim fit straight jeans as at least the vicinity around my groin could breathe + it suited my figure better.

Scroll to see replies

i thought that skinny jeans were usually more tighter around your lower leg/ankle, and straight ones were, well, straight :rolleyes:
i'm a girl though, so maybe that's why i found that difference :smile:
wazza07
Does anyone know what the difference is between skinny jeans and slim fit straight jeans?
I went into Uniqlo today and tried on both types - the only difference was that the skinny jeans made my balls want to pop out and run away. Is it just the tightness then?
In the end I went for the slim fit straight jeans as at least the vicinity around my groin could breathe + it suited my figure better.

:rofl:

But on a more serious note, skinny jeans are skinny the whole leg down and around the ankles, whereas slim fit straight jeans are skinny and tight but they hang straight down.
Please don't be a skinny jeans wearing kinda guy :p:
I like my men to be actual men :wink:
wazza07

I agree with Live.laugh.love - straight ones are roughly the same width all the way down to the ankle.

I don't know what guys call them, but what about "boy fit jeans" (now see why I don't know? :wink:)? They tend to be pretty low with plenty of crotch space.

I'll see if I can find some pics.

EDIT: These ones from Matalan look pretty good.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/pages/products/001/004/mens-jeans-and-casual-trousers

Look at the Lee Cooper bootcut ones (second down on the left?) - they seem to fit him well.
Reply 4
juicyfruit

lol thank you, i hated how it was and still is trendy to wear skinny jeans, i wouldn't be seen dead in them!
Bateman
lol thank you, i hated how it was and still is trendy to wear skinny jeans, i wouldn't be seen dead in them!

Hurray for real men! :biggrin:
Reply 6
imo only some men can wear skinny jeans and look ok, others shouldn't even bother
Reply 7
skinny jeans look better on girls i think.
i prefer boys in straight leg tbh (=
Reply 8
haha yeah the skinny jeans just made me look rather out of proportion :biggrin: whereas the slim fit straight jeans give me a bit more definition than normal straight jeans which I dunno feel a bit loose sometimes.

Oh how I love Uniqlo - jeans heaven. :biggrin:
Reply 9
juicyfruit
:rofl:

Please don't be a skinny jeans wearing kinda guy :p:

Please listen to her :smile:

To be fair its your body and clothes so up to you :frown:
I bought slim fit straights from Uniqlo in London!

Best pair of jeans ever and I wear them practically all the time yayyy
Reply 11
slim jeans = Great
Skinny jeans = too uncomfortable to drum in, but still good.

I have slim jeans from Next, but their a few years old, now all the slim jeans have theis stupid pattern on the backside :s-smilie: next jeans dont make sense :s-smilie: I also have skinny jeans from Topman, which are ok ish...
Reply 12
boys + skinny jeans = vomit

boys + straight leg jeans = nice bum but not crushing your willy, and therefore far more appealing :biggrin:
Reply 13
Kelly^2
boys + skinny jeans = vomit

boys + straight leg jeans = nice bum but not crushing your willy,and therefore far more appealing :biggrin:

Shouldnt really happen if wearing guy's skinny jeans, iirc they have extra material in the crotch area....
Reply 14
Skinnies cause infertility
Slim fit increase the chances of conception
Skinny jeans are awful. I tried some on once and got stuck.
Slim fit ftw.
remember, skinny doesn't always mean 'skin-tight'.
Reply 17
No, skinny just means increasingly unnatractive.
I bought a pair of slim fitjeans the other month, found them baggy and uncomfortable.

Slim fit jeans are supposed to be tapered but still loose fitting, skinny jeans are supposed to be tight.....that's basically it. my jeans are practically skin tight, but I'm a twig anyway so it suits.
Reply 19
Have someone with you next time you try the pairs, who 'know their denims', so they can give you their opinions whilst trying each of them on. That should help you decide which you look better in.

If you want to buy skinny jeans, I'll tell you this, the ONLY skinnies I'd recommend are from April 77, as most other skinny jeans (at least in my experience) are not worth buying. But nowadays, although there's maybe 1% of the male population that wears skinny jeans well, that don't fall into the stereotypical categories of trendwhores, hipsters, indies, emos etc. it's just so rare and instead you see people who do fall into said categories, who make that less that 1% degradad.

I personally tend not to wear jeans at all. And if you think about it, all jeans are 'trends' in that sense, so by not wearing 'skinny jeans' you are no less of a trend follower.

Another thing is: to those girls who say that they prefer their 'guys to have balls'= no skinny jeans. Well, you need to have some balls in the first place to know that as a fact.

And OP, I don't wish to intimidate you, but if you felt like your crotch area was being crushed, then you probably weren't wearing it correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest