The Student Room Group

How to get an A* in geography NEA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AIHO
i may be many years late and i doubt you'll see this but how many words did you end up doing because i feel like i am doing WAYYYY too much. Also how many marks did you end up getting?
Hi, I'm in the same boat. There's no word limit so don't worry too much about it- only risk is annoying your teachers who have to read all of it lol. I've heard someone got an A and wrote 22,000 words, mine's at about 9k and I'm aiming for A or A*. What words are you up to?
Reply 41
Original post by Studying Pigeon
Hi, I'm in the same boat. There's no word limit so don't worry too much about it- only risk is annoying your teachers who have to read all of it lol. I've heard someone got an A and wrote 22,000 words, mine's at about 9k and I'm aiming for A or A*. What words are you up to?
are you sure it was 22k words?????? haha no way, maybe it was characters because that is insane. im at like 4k and my teacher said that should be the goal. but im only on data presentation so i will end past 6k. maybe up to 7k. however i only have 11 days left which is quite worrying. but im aiming for around the same as you so i hope everything goes well
Original post by Olly_Kail
Hi,
Overall: Use this link and follow this examples plan that got full marks and you will do well, it helped me massively for structure, data and presentation;
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/AQA-70373-NEA-G.PDF
I got 57/60 in my NEA and i'm not going to lie to you, it took a lot of effort, but you clearly have the drive to do well in it as you are here in the first place!
Basically, my NEA was split into 4 sections which I did seperately and and merged together; 1) Introduction, 2) Methodology for data collection, 3) Data anaylsis, 4) Conclusions on the data. (Have your teaches told you about this structure for your NEA?)
My question was about measuring the carbon sequestration rate of trees in my local park, based on my teachers advise that a physical geography NEA would be easier, which it was but that was just my opinion.
Data included raw figures that I derived from measuring aspects of tree, calculations, charts/graphs, Spearman's Rank, hand-drawn graphs etc.
Adding images into your NEA helps, but a lots of detailed text will also add marks to your overall score.
My advise would be to collect as much data as you can, doesnt even matter if its completely wrong agasint your hypothesis (or made up as I did!) as you can just state these facts in your anaylsis, then go to your teachers and breif them on this 4 stage plan as it will help you. Then begin to plan what you can say for each stage.
Hope this helps!
Hi, im in year 12 I need a A* in my NEA, I can do it on anything what would you say is the easiest in your opinion in terms of titles etc? I don't get how we supposed to write 6k words on that only as well
Original post by AIHO
are you sure it was 22k words?????? haha no way, maybe it was characters because that is insane. im at like 4k and my teacher said that should be the goal. but im only on data presentation so i will end past 6k. maybe up to 7k. however i only have 11 days left which is quite worrying. but im aiming for around the same as you so i hope everything goes well

Not sure about the 22k thing, heard it from a friend so maybe there's elements of urban legend lol. Good luck on your NEA, hope it goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending