The Student Room Group

LSE MSc Management - what is the real entry requirement?

I just wanted to know whether anyone is applying or is currently on any MSc Mangement programme at the LSE and whether they know what degree level they ACTUALLY require. Although they state a 2:1 and i know people will say 'if they state this, this is what they require', but i wonder if due to the sheer number of applicants, in a realistic sense you need to be predicted or currently on a first? Cheers
AfghanistanBananistan
I just wanted to know whether anyone is applying or is currently on any MSc Mangement programme at the LSE and whether they know what degree level they ACTUALLY require. Although they state a 2:1 and i know people will say 'if they state this, this is what they require', but i wonder if due to the sheer number of applicants, in a realistic sense you need to be predicted or currently on a first? Cheers

My friend received an offer for LSE Management and strategy with 58 (a 2.2) in second year natural sciences at Cambridge, and predicted 2.1 in Management studies there in his third year. The offer was conditional on him getting a 2.1. That's that, really.
Reply 2
Albiceleste
My friend received an offer for LSE Management and strategy with 58 (a 2.2) in second year natural sciences at Cambridge, and predicted 2.1 in Management studies their in his third year. The offer was conditional on him getting a 2.1. That's that, really.

yeah but he was at cambridge to be fair.
Nabster_88
yeah but he was at cambridge to be fair.

True, but I don't think LSE is overly hung up on uni reputations to be honest, although obviously it takes it into consideration. For example, I know people from the likes of Durham, Manchester and Nottingham-unis nowhere near the prestige level of Oxbridge or LSE or UCL or Warwick-who have been accepted with solid 2.1 grades for various masters programmes.
Reply 4
I think that really is their offer they wont stipulate a high 2.1 or first. However they will give you an offer based upon solid references, ps and reasonable grades.
Reply 5
Hi..need some help
i am planning o apply for the Master in Management and strategy course at LSE.
Need to know the total cost of the program including all expenses and does LSE provide scholarship for the course...if yes what's the selection criteria?

also does LBS offer scholarship for these kind of msc finance programs?
thanks
jagi99
Hi..need some help
i am planning o apply for the Master in Management and strategy course at LSE.
Need to know the total cost of the program including all expenses and does LSE provide scholarship for the course...if yes what's the selection criteria?

also does LBS offer scholarship for these kind of msc finance programs?
thanks

For LSE Management and Strategy, the fees are 18048 pounds, plus living expenses 13000 pounds for 12 months in London (fluctuates depending on the type of accommodation and your living habits). There are some country-based scholarships, which you can check on the LSE website. There is also a need-based graduate support scheme (ranging in value from 3000 to 10000 pounds), which you can apply after submitting your course application.

Latest

Trending

Trending