The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Student02030405
Tbh I also went through wanting to be a nurse or paramedic but I kinda have a fear myself of needles and couldn't imagine having to deal with that. I only recently changed from primary teaching and I have placements in 2 primary schools and think it can sometimes also depend on the primary school. Others have also advised me that one most people change what they qualify in or if i just did a BA in primary education then that's all I'm qualified in - which can be limiting.

That's very true. Loads of people drop out after they do their first uni placement because they don't like it or swap to a different course. It's good that you've managed to find something similar to what you initially wanted to do though!
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Original post by erin04
That's very true. Loads of people drop out after they do their first uni placement because they don't like it or swap to a different course. It's good that you've managed to find something similar to what you initially wanted to do though!

Thank you! And I'm glad you've found something u want to do too. :smile:
Hello! I’ve received an unconditional offer for the MSc in Speech and Language therapy, anybody else??
Reply 23
Hello everyone, I got an unconditional offer for education studies (primary) today 😊 has anyone else applied for this course?
Original post by alana..
Hello everyone, I got an unconditional offer for education studies (primary) today 😊 has anyone else applied for this course?

Hi congratulations!! I applied for it but unfortunately got a no offer yesterday and QMU is my first choice but I did also apply to psychology so hope I get in
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 25
Hi congratulations!! I applied for it but unfortunately got a no offer yesterday and QMU is my first choice but I did also apply to psychology so hope I get in

Thankyou, I hope you get a place 😊 There's still time, would you prefer primary or psychology?
Original post by alana..
Thankyou, I hope you get a place 😊 There's still time, would you prefer primary or psychology?

I wasn’t sure as I liked them both but I guess I don’t have an option now 😊
Reply 27
I wasn’t sure as I liked them both but I guess I don’t have an option now 😊

Good luck!
Original post by alana..
Good luck!

Thank you!!
Original post by alana..

Yes, I received an unconditional at end of February 👏
Reply 30
Hello guys, so I have been invited for an interview for the course Diag.radiography (Pre-registration). Anyone kind enough to share knowledge of what to expect? Anyone else been invited?

Original post by Zeeh90
Hi guys, So I have applied to QMU since October and responded to their subsequent email Oct 24th requesting for additional documents. However I am yet to get a response, even though they stated applicant should expect response in 4weeks. Anyone else applied and waiting for response for Diag. Radiography (Pre-Reg)? P.S. I 'm an international Student
Hi I heard back yesterday that I didn't get a place in Psychology but they offered me a conditional for public sociology, did anyone else apply for public sociology?
Reply 32
Original post by Tractorboy81
Yes, I received an unconditional at end of February 👏

Is QMU your firm? Also sorry for the late answer
Did not get an offer for Dietetics and was offered a place in Nutrition instead.
I applied for Bsc Psychology and got a conditional offer :smile:
Original post by anica995
Did not get an offer for Dietetics and was offered a place in Nutrition instead.

Hi, yeah this happened to me too, have you accepted the offer?
I got an offer for paramedic science, anyone else?
Reply 37
I’ve firmly accepted my place for diagnostic radiography, anyone else starting this
Original post by Tianax
I’ve firmly accepted my place for diagnostic radiography, anyone else starting this

Hey! I have also accepted my place for diagnostic radiography
Reply 39
Original post by Shannon03x
Hey! I have also accepted my place for diagnostic radiography

Aw fab that’s great. Good to know someone else on the course!

Latest