The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tianax
Aw fab that’s great. Good to know someone else on the course!

Yeah definitely! Feel free to message me anytime 😊
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Original post by ensterzx
I applied for Bsc Psychology and got a conditional offer :smile:

Congratulations!! Unfortunatly I got an alternative offer of public sociology so idk what to do as I really wanted to go to QMU.
Reply 42
Original post by Shannon03x
Yeah definitely! Feel free to message me anytime 😊

Will do x
Does anyone know when accommodation applications open? Sure they said at the offer holders day it opens on the 7th of April at 10 am but it’s not opened today
Original post by Student02030405
Congratulations!! Unfortunatly I got an alternative offer of public sociology so idk what to do as I really wanted to go to QMU.

Thank you :smile: That happened to my friend also but not sure why? Congratulations though!
Thank you :smile: That happened to my friend also but not sure why? Congratulations though!

Did they get into public sociology?
Did they get into public sociology?

Yeah. they got a conditional offer for it
Yeah. they got a conditional offer for it

Yeah that’s what I got, are they going to accept it? My parents want to see if I can contact the uni and change it even if I get it changed to psychology and sociology as I wouldn’t mind that.
Yeah that’s what I got, are they going to accept it? My parents want to see if I can contact the uni and change it even if I get it changed to psychology and sociology as I wouldn’t mind that.

I think she’s accepting it :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Tianax
I’ve firmly accepted my place for diagnostic radiography, anyone else starting this

Congratulations!! I was placed on a waiting list though and super expectant for a miracle:crossedf:
Original post by Zeeh90
Congratulations!! I was placed on a waiting list though and super expectant for a miracle:crossedf:

Hopefully you get your place then🤞🤞🤞
Reply 51
Original post by Tianax
I’ve firmly accepted my place for diagnostic radiography, anyone else starting this

Hey!! I’m starting it and have accepted my place ☺️
Original post by kirstyy111
Hi, yeah this happened to me too, have you accepted the offer?

Not yet, still trying to decide haha.
Reply 53
Hey Guys, **longpost alertIt's been unbelievably a year since I came on this forum with so much applicant anxiety...lolJust thought to come back for an update as it may encourage someone like me in the nearest future.So first, I was rejected for Diag Radiography(pre-reg) by QMU which was quite as heartbreaking as it could be being an international student with just one choice of course.I came on here in search of ideas/opinions about an appeal which came back largely negative, but what do I have to lose anyways, yea? So I appealed (can't go into details) and PRAYED HELPLESSLY and decision was miraculously overturned for me!Then came the 2nd hurdle of being kept on the waiting list after the interview in March 2020 up until end of June. With the covid lockdown and the health scare around the world, I began to doubt the feasibility of travelling for schl.Unfortunately, I ddnt make it past the waiting list, found out bout July/Aug. However, I was offered two possible subsequent scenarios: Either I get into auto deferrement for 2021 frm the waiting list or reapply.I wasn't sure I had the strenght to try again for 2021, the competition for spaces wouldn't disappear for sure and I had waited so long to come back to schl, ddn't feel any younger.I PRAYED TO GOD SO HELPLESSLY AGAINBy September, I received the email asking if I would like to accept a place for September 2021 and you can imagine how loud I typed my YES PLEASE!The timing couldn't be more perfect, right as we slowly come out of this global Covid depressionCan't wait to be equipped to be a part of the fighting force against stupid guys like covidThanks for staying through to the end😊😁

Latest