Original post by John1998
That was what I followed up asking, if I get a response I'll let you know

Perfect thanks so much! I appreciate it
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 81
Original post by QueenBizzle
Thanks for sharing! Do you know if they’re going to interview all potential offer holders? Or are some people not going to be interviewed at all and not rejected?

I assume they mean that it's possible to get an offer without an interview.
Original post by neuropathology
i think if that was the case i would have gotten an e-mail that @John1998 received? but i didn't so that was a big yikes

I originally sent them an email, they simply responded to the email.
Think people are over-thinking things too much. There are people who have been given interviews, others havent.
I had my applications sent October/November so dont think I dont want to hear the result as well, but overthinking every little thing someone hears/doesnt hear isnt going to change their decision. We just have to wait until next week and hope we get some news. Until then, we just wait patiently
Original post by nickyr212
I assume they mean that it's possible to get an offer without an interview.

I know it does no good to speculate, but sentiments like this make me so nervous I wonder if they’re interviewing me because I’m a “borderline” applicant and something I say during the interview might make or break my admissions chances. Like, if I were a stronger applicant, they would be able to forego the interview stage entirely. :/
Original post by kathyidk
I know it does no good to speculate, but sentiments like this make me so nervous I wonder if they’re interviewing me because I’m a “borderline” applicant and something I say during the interview might make or break my admissions chances. Like, if I were a stronger applicant, they would be able to forego the interview stage entirely. :/

Yeah I totally understand where you’re coming from. My application is not very strong and I haven’t gotten an interview; so waiting around in limbo is making me quite anxious. I do know that worrying about it won’t change anything, but it’s only natural to be anxious about these things, don’t worry.

In my case, I’m waiting for them to get back to me so that I can start applying for other things if it’s a rejection.
Reply 85
Maybe I am taking a rather pessimistic view, but I started planning for alternatives rather than wait: like, should I just take a gap year? Or I rethink my career paths? Should I try again next year?

I've accepted that it's more likely to be the end, for me. I acknowledge that Oxford is extremely competitive, and that there are way more qualified candidates than places available. Congrats to everyone who got interviews, and to those who will get a spot. You worked so hard and you should be very happy!

And @John1998 thanks for your response!

Would you not want to apply to other places? Or is your heart completely set on Oxford? I think many good unis still have openings for similar courses.

I feel the same that is the end for me too tbh. In the end I think my grades and overall application should have been stronger to have a chance.
In retrospect, there was nothing I could have done better. I gave it my all.

There was nothing I could change either.
What other unis are you thinking of, @Ipylb4?
Reply 87
In retrospect, there was nothing I could have done better. I gave it my all.

There was nothing I could change either.
What other unis are you thinking of, @Ipylb4?

That's great that you feel like you did the best you could.

Off the top of my head, Kings and UCL are open for clinical neuro and Imperial is still open for translational neuro. I'm not sure about outside of London. The UCL deadline for example is the 24th of July.
Reply 88
What are your thoughts between UCL and Imperial neuroscience?

UCL have a big neuro department, they are pretty renowned for the subject I think. They are very research intensive and have great REF scores. Imperial has a slightly better reputation as a university perhaps though, and I'm sure their neuro course would also be excellent. Imperial don't seem to offer clinical however, so if that's what you're interested in might not be the right place.
Original post by palalalalalalK!
When will those that were interviewed hear back? Will they give out more interviews?

I interviewed this morning and they said they would get back to me Monday-Tuesday.
Reply 90
Original post by kathyidk
I interviewed this morning and they said they would get back to me Monday-Tuesday.

How was the interview😊
Original post by lpylb4
How was the interview😊

It was tough, but I think I did the best I could given the circumstances! Prepare according to the interview brief on the course website.
Original post by palalalalalalK!
What did others think? Were they told they will hear back on Monday-Tuesday (as @kathyidk) said?

I just got my rejection letter, as expected. I’m gutted, but I guess I will keep applying to other things.

Best of luck to everyone else still in the running and well done to those of you that have gotten an offer already, or an interview at least.
Reply 93
I just got my rejection letter, as expected. I’m gutted, but I guess I will keep applying to other things.

Best of luck to everyone else still in the running and well done to those of you that have gotten an offer already, or an interview at least.

Same here. It is what it is. Can also apply for a Dphil down the line with good masters grades.

Original post by lpylb4
Same here. It is what it is. Can also apply for a Dphil down the line with good masters grades.

Sorry to bring this up, was wondering, how did they notify you of this? Did they email you?
Original post by John1998
Sorry to bring this up, was wondering, how did they notify you of this? Did they email you?

Yes just by email. It’s a very generic email and they clearly state they won’t give feedback.
Hey! I got in!
Hey, I got an offer two weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else got one too?
Reply 98
Original post by amanda_tan99
Hey, I got an offer two weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else got one too?

Those of you who got in, can I ask abit about your academic background, research experience and grades? Thinking of re-applying next year and would be interested what the standard was. Thankyou 🙏
Reply 99
Original post by username5035930
Hi, thanks for making this thread! I'm applying this year and was wondering how long you were given to accept or deny your offer after receiving your offer letter. Additionally, did you receive any scholarships? Also have you heard any opinions about Green Templeton College?

Hello, hope this isn't too late!
I was at Green Templeton (GTC) whilst studying for an MSc in Pharmacology (2018-19). It's a great college to be at. The first thing you'll probably hear when you ask students about it is that the formals (especially the food) is amazing - which is true. The college is quite unique in the fact that it isn't structured like the traditional colleges, but it is still very pretty. It is a graduate only college, and as OP mentioned, there are loads of medics there. Medics at Oxford get to change colleges after Year 3 and I think the funding GTC offers are appealing to the medics (they get their own stethoscopes or something idk). The porters there are extremely nice. It'll slightly further out from the town centre (only like a 5 minute cycle away), but it means it's not crowded with tourists.
Overall, it's a pretty chill college to be at, and more mature due to it being a graduate-only college.
Feel free to ask me anymore questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending