The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

sending qualifications

ok there has been a thread on this before but I am still unsure. In my "euclid portal" intray thing i got a message saying

"If you have not already done so, please ensure you send us copies of certificates of all your earlier qualifications, as listed in your application, for verification, as requested in your offer pack. Please note that we cannot accept provisional statements of results instead of final certificates or qualifications. It is only when we’ve checked these earlier qualifications and any other outstanding clearance checks or offer conditions that we can give you access to vital joining information."

At first i ignored this because it was in the euclid thing that i assumed most people wouldnt even look at and I have never had a letter asking me to send qualifications. None of my friends have even seen this message. However, the last sentence concerns me a little bit so i have decided to send them the qualifications. Here is the cover sheet to send with them :

http://www.euclid.ed.ac.uk/Support/Covers/Coversheet-CSE.pdf

The term 'UCAS number' seems a bit vague to me. Does anybody know if it is the same as the 'application number' used to log into ucas track? Or does anybody know if this whole thing is even necessary?
finlayash
Or does anybody know if this whole thing is even necessary?

Come on, if you've been made an offer to come to Edinburgh surely you can read? There's a thread about this a few results down the page!

Of course the process is necessary - you've told the university that you have certain qualifications and as a result they have made you an offer. They need to see proof of your results to make sure you weren't lying. No more complicated than that.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
If the process is necessary then surely they should have sent me an actual letter or an email to my actual email address to make sure I got the message. As I said, nobody else I know has seen this message. It also doesn't make sense that people with conditional offers get their qualifications sent automatically while we have to post them ourselves. Surely it would be easier to get everybodies automatically? Anyway, my main question was where to find my UCAS number, im thinking its probably that application number
Your UCAS number is the number that identifys you within UCAS, so the number you login with, is on all your letters from them etc.
Reply 4
finlayash
If the process is necessary then surely they should have sent me an actual letter or an email to my actual email address to make sure I got the message. As I said, nobody else I know has seen this message. It also doesn't make sense that people with conditional offers get their qualifications sent automatically while we have to post them ourselves. Surely it would be easier to get everybodies automatically? Anyway, my main question was where to find my UCAS number, im thinking its probably that application number

From what I can see from the website, isn't the whole point of euclid that all info is in one place, to make sure you don't miss updates about your application? :tongue:

Also, I had to send certificates and I had a conditional offer.
Uhm, why don't you just do as the university asks and just send copies of your certificates? Jeez.
Reply 6
yossarianlives
Uhm, why don't you just do as the university asks and just send copies of your certificates? Jeez.

I AM. I'm not sure if you realised the main point of this thread which was to discover how to find my Ucas number because I HAD DECIDED TO SEND MY CERTIFICATES, and also to show the stupidity of only sending us a message on that euclid thing, a service that I need to look at my emails to get the link, username and pasword for each time I go on it. If it was so important it would make sense for them to send a letter as i seriously believe most people will not have looked at it.

Another example is that they send emails saying you have a message on your euclid thing, why can they not just tell me in that email? Rather than sending me an email telling me to log onto another service to get another email that is telling me something. In my opinion the whole system seems unnecessary. Thats all.
Don't get on to me for not reading the rest of your asinine post--at least I know my UCAS number.
Reply 8
finlayash
I AM. I'm not sure if you realised the main point of this thread which was to discover how to find my Ucas number because I HAD DECIDED TO SEND MY CERTIFICATES, and also to show the stupidity of only sending us a message on that euclid thing, a service that I need to look at my emails to get the link, username and pasword for each time I go on it. If it was so important it would make sense for them to send a letter as i seriously believe most people will not have looked at it.

Another example is that they send emails saying you have a message on your euclid thing, why can they not just tell me in that email? Rather than sending me an email telling me to log onto another service to get another email that is telling me something. In my opinion the whole system seems unnecessary. Thats all.

It's the same username for MyED (and your student number for the rest of your time at Edinburgh), and the password you can choose yourself.

EUCLID is excellent, because it lets the admissions staff have a look at all the correspondence between the uni and yourself at a glance. I also assume they'll have a backend where they can check on your results from SQA automatically, etc.
Reply 9
I sent all my qualifications to the address which was given to me in EUCLID and I received unconditional :smile:
Reply 10
I got an email well two actually about sending my qualifications I hadn't checked my Euclid, as of yet not heard back from them though. Can anyone say when they got this joining information as I'm not sure whether they are individual (i.e. once you've sent your qualifications you get your pack) or that they send them out all together at a later date and if you haven't sent your qualifications you won't get the pack with everyone else.
Reply 11
I can't see my euclid intray (it keeps freezing and only showing a grey box), but I did send a copy of my results certificates to the university last week. Do the uni have any recourse to blame me for this, if I was to send a second certificate to another part of the university? It's sort of been nagging at me.
Reply 12
I can't see my euclid intray (it keeps freezing and only showing a grey box), but I did send a copy of my results certificates to the university last week. Do the uni have any recourse to blame me for this? It's sort of been nagging at me.
oshi-
I can't see my euclid intray (it keeps freezing and only showing a grey box), but I did send a copy of my results certificates to the university last week. Do the uni have any recourse to blame me for this? It's sort of been nagging at me.

Blame you for what?

If euclid doesn't work for you, you should probably phone up someone for technical support (or to inform them yours is down if everyone else's works) as it's needed for communication.

Latest

Trending

Trending