The Student Room Group

Refund - driving test

I paid an extra £17 to find an earlier test only for it to be cancelled and contacted the service to attempt to get a refund but no luck. Anyone know if there’s anyway to get the £17 back? Doubt DVSA will do anything since the service is not part of them
why did it get cancelled? and i dont think its worth getting a refund if u just wanted a earlier date u shouldve not paid more.
Reply 2
Original post by dj_ad_1
why did it get cancelled? and i dont think its worth getting a refund if u just wanted a earlier date u shouldve not paid more.

Something about the examiner
Original post by Sophie_jjk
Something about the examiner

Thats the first time ive heard of a driving test failing cos of that i mean usually its cos of weather and fog. I'd say its only £17 so dont worry about it too much.
Beats me how a 3rd party can promise/sell an earlier test anyway. :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by dj_ad_1
Thats the first time ive heard of a driving test failing cos of that i mean usually its cos of weather and fog. I'd say its only £17 so dont worry about it too much.

Yeah they didn’t even say anything about the examiner it was just it’s cancelled due to the examiner and thank you
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
Beats me how a 3rd party can promise/sell an earlier test anyway. :confused:

I know, should of used the website that could get you a test for £7 instead of £17 😂😪
Original post by Sophie_jjk
I know, should of used the website that could get you a test for £7 instead of £17 😂😪

lool yeah theres this app now which u can get for free and tells u the dates and if u pay i think £4 or something it will give u a notification for a earlier date.
Reply 8
Original post by dj_ad_1
lool yeah theres this app now which u can get for free and tells u the dates and if u pay i think £4 or something it will give u a notification for a earlier date.

Oh really!! I didn’t know about it all. Well I’ve given up now I’m just gonna stick with the one I’ve got now, cba paying more money. Thank you though
Very unlikely you'll get a refund. The third party service you paid for did exactly what you paid them to do, they got you an earlier appointment. It isn't really their fault that, exceptionally, the test centre weren't able to send you for your test. If you have been able to rearrange your test with them, there's really nothing you can do in my opinion. If you didn't get a free test rearrangement from the DVSA, then you should be able to get a refund for your booking fee ONLY.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending