The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria mental health nursing interview

Please any advice on how I can prepare for a interview to Northumbria uni for mental health nursing. Including what to wear etc
Reply 1
Original post by Amycrai7
Please any advice on how I can prepare for a interview to Northumbria uni for mental health nursing. Including what to wear etc

Hi Amy,

I've also got an interview at Northumbria for mental health nursing. I've joined a group of Facebook that has been a God send for advice. It's just called 'mental health nursing' and it's the one with 30K members. If you ask for advice on there, you'll get loads of replies. When is your interview?
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hi, sorry for bothering, I'm looking at studying mental health nursing at Northumbria as a mature student, and just wondering how it is, trying to get first hand information from people already on the course, thanks if you can help!
Original post by KieranRuane
Hi, sorry for bothering, I'm looking at studying mental health nursing at Northumbria as a mature student, and just wondering how it is, trying to get first hand information from people already on the course, thanks if you can help!

Hi there @KieranRuane,

It's great to hear that you are considering studying Mental Health nursing with us here at Northumbria.
Northumbria University has an established reputation for excellence and innovation in nursing education.

Throughout the course you will experience a range of creative and challenging learning opportunities and different environments. This will enable you to grow, personally and professionally, within safe and supportive spaces. Our concept-based approach will allow you to build the complexity of your understanding gradually over the course of your studies. It will encourage you to question and think critically, establishing a healthy learning habit that will last throughout your career. You will be supported throughout your time at Northumbria by a truly remarkable team of highly experienced academics and practitioners.

In terms of graduate prospects, the course will lead directly to Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), under the new Standards, which will allow you to start and quickly progress in your nursing career. The NMC’s ‘Future Nurse’ change programme seeks to drive forward changes in the profession, and we have embedded research, leadership and advanced practice strands throughout the course to equip you to play a key role in those future developments. You will graduate as an accountable professional who has the knowledge and skills to promote health and prevent ill health; assess, plan, provide, co-ordinate and evaluate care; lead and manage nursing care and work in teams; and improve safety and quality of care.

At Northumbria we have long-standing strong relationships with our partnership Trusts, and we have developed this new course in close collaboration with them as well as with a wide range of experts by experience. This will ensure that the course prepares you for practice in exactly the way employers are seeking, so that you benefit from our consistently high employment rates.

You’ll benefit from our Personal Tutor system, Learning Leaders programme, and close partnership working with Practice Supervisors and Assessors, all of which play a part in ensuring you meet University and NMC expectations. We will all coach you towards independent learning and personal and professional achievements, as you journey towards graduation and registration.

We hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions :smile:

Northumbria University
Original post by Amycrai7

Hi! I did my interview in late November so if I can recall correctly what happened (mine was online) then all you need to do is read the nursing page and learn a few things to do with your course and how Northumbria stands out amongst the rest. Give some thought to scenario-based questions too, mine were on how I would deal with deadlines if unexpected circumstances arose, and try and get someone who knows you professionally (a teacher or boss etc) to give you their opinion on why they think you'd be a good MH nurse. As for what to wear I wore my school uniform but anything professional looking as if you were going for an interview is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending