The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Norfolkadam
No I was being sincere. Everyone always assumes it's an insult to be called a woman or gay thus making a straight man somehow the epitome of all that's human (pah, I think not). No-one ever says "no offense if I insinuated you were straight".

See what I mean?

I understand, glad the slight misunderstanding was only on my part. :yep:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Audrey Hepburn
:rofl:

Last time I went down to London to stay with one of my mates we went around with American accents acting like serious stereotypical tourists - it was brilliant, you could see the general population hating us more and more :biggrin:

Completely ace :biggrin: I change my accent all the time. At university it is slightly posher. In my job in York city centre it is now very Yorkshire-ish. At home in Cheshire it is like those on Hollyoaks. I did French at A-level but have yet to master the French-person-speaking-English e.g. Fleur Delacour. Must practise :biggrin:
Howells
I wish mine was slightly more exotic...
I've got a Welsh accent :frown:

Aww the welsh accent is endearing! :yep:
On the other hand people ask me to say 'byker grove' whenever I'm away from home. ¬_¬ :p:
evil groove
Completely ace :biggrin: I change my accent all the time. At university it is slightly posher. At home in Cheshire it is like those on Hollyoaks. I did French at A-level but have yet to master the French-person-speaking-English e.g. Fleur Delacour. Must practise :biggrin:

I love that one - all you have to do is master the nasal laugh and the rest will follow :yep: My voice was always posher at school, because I would have got ripped if I hadn't changed it :biggrin:
Reply 44
My Singaporean friend stayed with my over Christmas and my Uncle and Aunty also visited. There was an awkward moment when she asked my Uncle why he had a different accent to my mum. He has a midlands/Leicestershire accent and the 'rents and I are pretty rp. I say a few words incorrectly and am laughed at. I say "pidding" instead of "pudding" apparently, and when I say "no" it sounds like "noyuh".
Reply 45
well done, york. you was very good.
Reply 46
tonyfisher89
erm no im not, just some random wannabe fresher for next year, not for york though, but durham

never heard of a marcus fox sorry

Tony

Good luck with Durham. Apparently it is better than York :biggrin:
Reply 47
Wooo I just watched the first few minutes on iplayer to see if I recognised any, and I actually vaguely know two of them! That never happens!
Reply 48
evil groove
:smile:

Btw are you Marcus Fox's cousin?

Please tell me I'm not the only one to get this joke. :rofl:
Reply 49
Cerulean
Please tell me I'm not the only one to get this joke. :rofl:

You're not alone :biggrin:
Reply 50
evil groove
If it were based on fitness our team would win, then.

I dont know about that, I prefered the top team.

You had a ginger in your ranks :afraid: :vroam:
I got the question about megacities right :biggrin: And the glycoprotein/biology one, although I'm rubbish at Bio! Only got one of the italy geog ones though =(
Reply 52
WarmSound
You're not alone :biggrin:

:five: Good to know
Reply 53
SuperDaz
I dont know about that, I prefered the top team.

You had a ginger in your ranks :afraid: :vroam:

Offensive :p:
Reply 54
evil groove
Offensive :p:

I thought we were allowed to be shallow and offensive in this thread :frown: All the other kids were doing it miss.

:getmecoat:
Reply 55
SuperDaz
I thought we were allowed to be shallow and offensive in this thread :frown: All the other kids were doing it miss.

:getmecoat:

Hairist :yep:
Who was the grad student, was it Eva Duringer?

Haha @ RVC. We beat their first team at polo recently also :-).
Reply 57
WarmSound
Wooo I just watched the first few minutes on iplayer to see if I recognised any, and I actually vaguely know two of them! That never happens!

I felt the same way cause I vaguely know one of them, I wasn't expecting to recognise any of them
When are York on again? I don't want to miss them again.

Can someone post in here to say before the programme starts...maybe a day or so before or early in the day they are on? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending