The Student Room Group

Help! I have no motivation to revise for GCSEs!!!

Hi all,
I really need some help because GCSEs are 16 weeks (might be less now idek) but I have absolutely no motivation to revise.
My mock grades were
English lit-6
English language-6
Maths-7
Combined science-66
RE-8
History-5
Media-4
Design and technology-6

Thry were alright but ideally I would like minimum 7’s at GCSEs but I just can’t find the motivation to revise. I want to do well and I stay after school every day but Friday and spend half my time doing homework and the other half walking round with my friends. I just feel so demotivated and once I do my homework I’m just so done with school work. I also want to do English lit and lan at alevel but I have such a fixed mindset and feel like I can’t improve. Anyone have any advice on how to motivate myself or revision tips which really help me boost my grades :smile:))

Thanks 😊
First of all admitting you’re struggling is good! It takes some people ages to realise so you’re heading the right way!

Maybe try using a wide range of revision stuff, idk how you revise but when I did gcses (2018) I needed to have a wide range of stuff to keep me interested. E.g. YouTube Vids, Flashcards, Mindmaps, Exam Questions

Also I find a good motivational playlist on Spotify really helps me revise, making it yourself means you have exactly what you want so I have a lot for any mood.

However, don’t over do it now. Your exams don’t start until May, and you don’t want to burn out before then and underperform.

Hope this helps!
Original post by stressed0ut
First of all admitting you’re struggling is good! It takes some people ages to realise so you’re heading the right way!

Maybe try using a wide range of revision stuff, idk how you revise but when I did gcses (2018) I needed to have a wide range of stuff to keep me interested. E.g. YouTube Vids, Flashcards, Mindmaps, Exam Questions

Also I find a good motivational playlist on Spotify really helps me revise, making it yourself means you have exactly what you want so I have a lot for any mood.

However, don’t over do it now. Your exams don’t start until May, and you don’t want to burn out before then and underperform.

Hope this helps!

Okay thanks for the advice!! It’s really helpful :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending