The Student Room Group

Provisional Driving licence application

Can anyone advise. I need to apply for UK provisional driving licence. I do not have a passport. I have my birth certificate but need a second form of ID. Can I use a GCSE certificate?
Reply 1
Original post by Adambass106
Can anyone advise. I need to apply for UK provisional driving licence. I do not have a passport. I have my birth certificate but need a second form of ID. Can I use a GCSE certificate?

A national insurance number document issued by DWP
Birth certificate
A college or university card , educational certificate or a proof of age card issued after 2014 I think.
If you don't have a passport then any of above will be needed, have you read the documents required on the application form as what to send with a signed picture.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi Weeemma, thank you for your reply. I did read that on .gov but wasn’t sure what they meant by educational certificate. So one of my GCSE certificates is ok to send with my Birth Certificate?
Reply 3
Hi Weeemma, thank you for your reply. I did read that on .gov but wasn’t sure what they meant by educational certificate. So one of my GCSE certificates is ok to send with my Birth Certificate?

Hi Adam

No problems okay.

If they say that you can send one of the GCSE certificate then send it as I didn't have a passport when I did mine few years now as just sent birth certificate and my national insurance number document, and my education certificate and wasn't any issues as they send them back before you get your licence sent .
Just make sure that the documents required are right ones okay as will be sent back to you otherwise.
You only need to send birth certificate plus any of the required proof of identification documents okay so national insurance number document would be sufficient okay, photo must be signed by someone outwith family like a doctor or dentist who known yoy for long time
Emma
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4

To be honest I always thought that educational certificate in these circumstances meant a statement from the school to show your attendance dates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending