The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
balbal
Apparently the allocation procedure has begun and there shall be others whom also have been placed at Isambard Halls.

The thing is there is no picture or video of these halls so does anyone have such things? I really do wonder how this place looks like and what the rooms are like?

Iv walked past these a few times, and they look pretty sexual. I would say your quite a lucky fresher! Apparently (though not sure) these halls are suppose to have some kind of living room, instead of other halls where the Kitchen was a come living room. Though im not 100% on this.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Ace! I'll be there in September too. Althought with other postgraduates of course.
Reply 3
robbo3045
Iv walked past these a few times, and they look pretty sexual. I would say your quite a lucky fresher! Apparently (though not sure) these halls are suppose to have some kind of living room, instead of other halls where the Kitchen was a come living room. Though im not 100% on this.

I think you are referring to the couples' studios. They have a sitting room and a kitchen and a separate bedroom with a double bed -they are only for couples though (as the name suggests!).

I haven't heard anything about a communal living room in Isambard Halls. It does sound great but I'm afraid it's too good to be true.
Reply 4
robbo3045

I didnt actually get the part where you called the halls sexual ? LOL
Reply 5
look sexual - Look good. Sorry, I'm from Wales - sometimes people cant even understand me. haha
Reply 6
I know what you mean, it's basically you saying they're amazing (lived in wales for 3years)
Reply 7
I am currently doin ma MSc in brunel ,, I stay in Clifton Hall - SUX - Food theif !!
Clifton is for PG students !! and even though they are behavin like kids !!
I applied for ma PhD , I am allocated in Isambard block C,,, any one :wink:??

I went their last week ,, very nice landscaping ,,new building ,, wooow sexy !!
I heard from ma freinds that each room is accessed using touch card !! woow like hotels
NO keys anymore !! :smile:

Nice 2 meet ya all
Reply 8
Hello, i'm also in block C.
Reply 9
r u PG asm ??
Those with access to the new Halls (of the outside of the buildings at least!) could you pleaaaaase take a few photos of the area na the buildings and upload them here?

There is none on the site and I'm so anxious!

Pleaaaaaase :bigsmile:
Reply 11
ya ,,, Lancaster and bishop which are opened in 2006 (newest before isambard) have card access only for the main door of the hall and for the Lift. The flat and the room are acessed using keys !!

No keys anymore in Isambard !! all using touch card !! woow ..
Source : ma freind !!
Reply 12
I moved :smile:
spikoi
I moved :smile:

[The above is reffering to a discussion regarding Isambard halls started at the thread "Does Brunel intranet allow Skype calls?"]

... So where were we?
Reply 14
I 4got :wink: lol !!

mmmm ,,,,
spikoi
I 4got :wink: lol !!

mmmm ,,,,

Oh, yes, I wanted to ask you: Are you on campus right now?
Reply 16
yep
Then why oh why aren't you rushing with your camera to get some photos now that there is still some light and you are wasting your time instead, in front of your computer young man?
Reply 18
mmm ,, Welcome to london ,,, !!! It is summer time and there is no light cloudy- foggy and raining !! you will get used to it !! mooooooooody weather !!
spikoi
mmm ,, Welcome to london ,,, !!! It is summer time and these is no light cloudy- foggy and raining !! you will get used to it !! mooooooooody weather !!

But it's August!:eek4:

And it must be 7 o'clock there, surely the sun hasn't set yet?
Oh, this will be a loooong winter...

(btw, I was joking. You can show us some pics whenever you like. ...Like tomorrow at dawn for example:biggrin:

-still joking)

Latest

Trending

Trending