The Student Room Group

Speeding fines

Hey,
Hands up it was my own fault. There was a mobile speed camera where the limit changed from 60 down to 30 and I was still slowing down when I went past the camera. I got the NIP today and I was going at 47 in a 30. I will fill in the NIP today and send it off but it’s killing me not knowing what’ll happen. From what I gather it’ll be £100 and 3 points in my licence, apparently if you go at 51 or faster you’ll be summoned to court so I luckily just missed that! Has anyone had this experience and can help me out. I never speed and I’m so annoyed that I hadn’t slowed down completely by the 30 sign.
I know how you feel. To be honest these things are really annoying. You should make a complaint.
Reply 2
Original post by Studious155
I know how you feel. To be honest these things are really annoying. You should make a complaint.

A complaint to whom regarding what...?
Original post by Studious155

You can’t complain about something just because you don’t agree with it😂 nobody who is caught speeding is happy about paying a fine
Original post by Hetty4578
From what I gather it’ll be £100 and 3 points in my licence

Correct
Reply 5
Original post by Hetty4578
Hey,
Hands up it was my own fault. There was a mobile speed camera where the limit changed from 60 down to 30 and I was still slowing down when I went past the camera. I got the NIP today and I was going at 47 in a 30. I will fill in the NIP today and send it off but it’s killing me not knowing what’ll happen. From what I gather it’ll be £100 and 3 points in my licence, apparently if you go at 51 or faster you’ll be summoned to court so I luckily just missed that! Has anyone had this experience and can help me out. I never speed and I’m so annoyed that I hadn’t slowed down completely by the 30 sign.

You're in Band B - that's 4-6 points and a hefty fine.

Have you been offered a FPN? That would only be 3 points.
Reply 6
In this situation it's probably just best to pay the fine - making complaints etc. might end up being more expensive.

If it's a dangerous speed limit change (where braking from 60-->30 may be dangerous, such as after a bend in the road) you can ask the council to move the limit sign, or put up a 'new limit ahead' sign; this might help drivers in future avoid being caught out. Sadly it's unlikely they'd act on it.
Original post by Joe Frazier
You can’t complain about something just because you don’t agree with it😂 nobody who is caught speeding is happy about paying a fine

lol tbh that's kinda true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending