The Student Room Group

Driving test (stupid fail)

I just took my driving practical. When I went in, I assumed the worst would happen so that I wouldn’t be too annoyed if I did fail.

What actually happened was my test went really well. I only got 6 minors and actually done everything else so much better than I had anticipated. What I didn’t realize when I was merrily driving along thinking I was doing really well is that I had already failed before I’d even started.

For whatever reason I decided to follow someone out of the car park right at the beginning of the test on the wrong side of the road. I knew what I did was wrong but for some reason my brain told me ‘if she’s doing that then there must be different rules in this car park’. Obviously looking back on it, that’s really stupid but in the situation it seemed logical.

When he told me that that was my only serious fault I took it on the chin but I am so wound up it’s unbelievable. We are booking it again next week so I can hopefully get it done and not make stupid mistakes, but this has made me entirely un-motivated to try again.

Any tips that could help me gain motivation or has anyone else failed on something they know they shouldn’t have (similar situation).

Any responses are good:smile:
These mistakes happen, in a years time you will have been driving for nearly a year and it won't really matter to you what happened. One upside to this is that you have a funny story to tell when you're older.
That was a bit silly wasn't it :P

Seriously though, if that was the reason you failed then all you have to do is not do it. The fact that you can look back on it and see that it was a silly mistake (which we all make) should make the next test a breeze.
Reply 3
Original post by HClarkson
These mistakes happen, in a years time you will have been driving for nearly a year and it won't really matter to you what happened. One upside to this is that you have a funny story to tell when you're older.

Helped thanks👍🏻
I failed my 1st test with 2 minors and a serious for not knowing roundabouts could have traffic lights on them :rolleyes:

Easy to feel like crap after a bad test, important thing is to get another one booked before the gloom proper hits.
All good experience :smile:
Reply 6
I failed mine with two minors and a major for speeding (of all reasons!) which I was quite upset about at the time. In the end, it meant I got more experience while I was practising for the second one, and I got to spend more time on the road.

I guess everything has pros and cons, just don't give up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending