The Student Room Group

Bit Silly - but does having more followers turn boys off

I occasionally see memes/tweets and jokes etc about boys wanting “lowkey girls” who don’t have a lot of followers on ig/twitter and have done for years but recently in context of casual conversations about relationships i have noticed boys saying they would prefer it if a girl doesn’t have loads of followers on instagram. I have over 2000 followers on instagram and over 1000 on twitter which isn’t a lot compared to other girls i know but thinking about it now girls in general tend to have more ig followers than boys i think cause we use it more cause we take selfies and “cute pics for the gram” way more than boys. i would guess the reason for boys wanting this is 1. they don’t want all the followers messaging their girl trying to flirt with them 2. they don’t want so many people to know their girlfriends activists and business (very understandable) or 3. they feel intimidated or assume the girl will be cocky and conceited because of it. I never gave it much thought before but now i have all the girls who are more “low key” and not that known or active on social media do some to have better luck with boys - especially when it comes to keeping long relationships. Boys does it matter to you and girls do your boy mates ever express this and what’s their personal opinions?
Reply 1
btw i don’t post revealing pictures or pictures of me clearly drugs drinking etc in fact i don’t post that much but they are pics from holidays and nights out with mates maybe a couple from raves or concerts cause i know that can also be a “turn off”
You could just find someone that's mature enough not to care about follows/likes etc. There's plenty of 'em out there.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I occasionally see memes/tweets and jokes etc about boys wanting “lowkey girls” who don’t have a lot of followers on ig/twitter and have done for years but recently in context of casual conversations about relationships i have noticed boys saying they would prefer it if a girl doesn’t have loads of followers on instagram. I have over 2000 followers on instagram and over 1000 on twitter which isn’t a lot compared to other girls i know but thinking about it now girls in general tend to have more ig followers than boys i think cause we use it more cause we take selfies and “cute pics for the gram” way more than boys. i would guess the reason for boys wanting this is 1. they don’t want all the followers messaging their girl trying to flirt with them 2. they don’t want so many people to know their girlfriends activists and business (very understandable) or 3. they feel intimidated or assume the girl will be cocky and conceited because of it. I never gave it much thought before but now i have all the girls who are more “low key” and not that known or active on social media do some to have better luck with boys - especially when it comes to keeping long relationships. Boys does it matter to you and girls do your boy mates ever express this and what’s their personal opinions?

hopefully you'll find someone who doesnt care about followers or snap score and that kind of stuff or what you post. also depends on they guy obviously. from personal experience, alot of followers isn't so much a turn off but rather an 'intimidation' and by that i mean that guys like me then feel we have no chance with you because you are so popular. of course if they guy is self conscious like myself it makes it that much worse for the guy as he feels even stronger about not havig a chance. However dont stop posting what you like. a guy will eventually come along who fits your lifestyle. your posts may put one guy off but make you more attractive to another

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending