The Student Room Group

i’m prepared to fail my mocks

i left my revision till the night before, and i have 2 alevel mocks tomorrow and i actually just want to die. i’ve only revised half the content for psychology and haven’t even revised for the other one. please someone say they are in the same shoes as me so i don’t feel bad
I did the same, at some point you've just got to accept you know what you know what you know.

I did crap at mocks, better at actual A Levels and got into my firm uni, which was a good one.

It'll be what it will be.
Original post by sophia.chlo
i left my revision till the night before, and i have 2 alevel mocks tomorrow and i actually just want to die. i’ve only revised half the content for psychology and haven’t even revised for the other one. please someone say they are in the same shoes as me so i don’t feel bad

Trust me last year for mocks I got pretty much D’s😑 but then for my acc alevels I got A*A*A so mocks don’t mean **** it just means ur teacher will treat u like a special child but it’s all worth it when they look all surprised on results day😂

Seriously tho don’t stress mocks don’t count towards anything and they r just a way to see which bits u need to go over for the real exams. You’ll be fine trust me :smile:

Don't worry the mocks are a mockery.

I still haven't started. Luckilly for me my mocks begin in 2 weeks. Im still bashing coursework looooooooooool. Good luck tho!
Mocks are just an indicator on what you know/don't know, and also shows if your revision strategies are working. Honestly doing terribly does have a silver lining: motivation to not repeat the same mistakes again, and your teachers can give you extra help and whatnot. Good luck, go to your exams with a clear mindset, it'll be over before you know it.
Reply 6
Original post by CCUupcake123
Trust me last year for mocks I got pretty much D’s😑 but then for my acc alevels I got A*A*A so mocks don’t mean **** it just means ur teacher will treat u like a special child but it’s all worth it when they look all surprised on results day😂

Seriously tho don’t stress mocks don’t count towards anything and they r just a way to see which bits u need to go over for the real exams. You’ll be fine trust me :smile:

thankyouu :smile: i know i will do so much better for the real thing but i just feel so disappointed in myself for not revising.
Reply 7
Original post by breadrollss
Mocks are just an indicator on what you know/don't know, and also shows if your revision strategies are working. Honestly doing terribly does have a silver lining: motivation to not repeat the same mistakes again, and your teachers can give you extra help and whatnot. Good luck, go to your exams with a clear mindset, it'll be over before you know it.

thankyou :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Rashbeck
I still haven't started. Luckilly for me my mocks begin in 2 weeks. Im still bashing coursework looooooooooool. Good luck tho!

thankyou, good luck too!
Reply 9
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Don't worry the mocks are a mockery.

very true haha
Omg I have mocks in two weeks and my teacher keeps going on about predicted grades. Do bad mock results negatively impact predicted grades?
very true haha

Seriously though don't feel under pressure. I'll admit I dreaded exams when I was at school-once I prepared for the wrong history exam and went into a full-blown panic attack and had a huge nosebleed. All you can do is your best-it's a cliche thing to say but it's so true-and considering these are mocks you really don't have anything to lose-think of mocks as pretend or fake tests-sure maybe it's not a good idea to sleep on them, but they aren't going to reflect your final grade-even then that won't ruin your prospects. Just do what you can and how you feel and you'll find a way through and be the person you want to be.
Think of it this Way, now you are more motivated to actually work for the Real thing.
And btw, i have my mock chemistry paper this Wednesday, but i also have an interview, So they moved my exam till monday!! You could try that and give yourself more time, i guess its a Little late tho. 🤣

If you want to die, just die.
Reply 14
Honestly mocks are primarily just practice. Nowhere as serious as schools/colleges make it seem. Just use it to your advantage, take mental notes of what you find difficult and revise.
Reply 15
Original post by Gundabad(good)
If you want to die, just die.

great advice :smile:
How have tour mocks gone so far? Got any grades back?
Reply 17
Original post by Rashbeck
How have tour mocks gone so far? Got any grades back?

no not yet, think we’re getting them next week or the week after

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending