The Student Room Group

What is your school uniform? How strict is it? What do you think of it?

Mine is school blazer and tie, slacks, black dress shoes. We are told to fix our ties if they get loose or unneat, and to tuck our shirts in if they become untucked. But we can take our blazers off during some classes. We, boys, have to keep our hair off collar, out of eyes, and off ears.

When I started school this year it was my first time wearing a uniform and tie everyday, and I thought I would hate it. While I wish I could grow my hair out, it’s actually not super uncomfortable. I usually even keep the tie on after school, sometimes loosen it sometimes not. I do always keep my shirt tucked in because it’s just more comfortable like that.
It's been a while, but my secondary school uniform was a black blazer with the school crest on the breast pocket, black trousers or straight skirt, white dress shirt, black jumper, clip on tie, black dress shoes (leather look lace up or slip on, no velcro, and can't look too much like trainers) and black socks/tights. Hair can't be unnatural colours, or be cut with patterns in it. Nails must be clean, with at most clear nail polish. No noticeable makeup. No jewelry except a set of gold studs, one in each earlobe.

I think they've changed it now. I think they've changed the skirt for a grey kilt.

I managed to keep my blazer for all 5 years I had to wear it, and it still fits. I had to repair a couple of holes a couple of times, but overall it was fine.

I've just gone back and read the guidelines and, Jesus H Christ they have no chill. Glad I'm out of that school so the Stasi can't get me.
mine was:
blue shirt
tie
jumper or/and blazer
discreet make-up
skirt or trousers
no canvas style shoes just black shoes
+more
White shirt, Navy A-line skirt, Black blazer, "sensible" shoes :wink:
I didn't really mind wearing school uniform too much (I've left school now) and I even find myself wearing school uniform on party nights now, although with a much shorter skirt :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending