The Student Room Group

How to start studying

So I've got mocks starting 29th April and I haven't done any work since around December so ive got a lot to catch up on. Theres so much work for me to do that I don't know where to start and how to do it. Especially in Chemistry there's just so much I don't understand and ive got no clue how to learn it all. Anyone got any advice as to how I study and catch up on everything in a short time because I need 3 A's for medicine and I'm nowhere near that.
Original post by dkklsd
So I've got mocks starting 29th April and I haven't done any work since around December so ive got a lot to catch up on. Theres so much work for me to do that I don't know where to start and how to do it. Especially in Chemistry there's just so much I don't understand and ive got no clue how to learn it all. Anyone got any advice as to how I study and catch up on everything in a short time because I need 3 A's for medicine and I'm nowhere near that.

Hey :smile: Best thing to do would be prioritising your revision. Grab a specification or list of topics (e.g. revision guide contents page) and go through them, marking off the ones you are confident with and the ones you need to recap. Out of the ones that are 'recap' distinguish between which ones need lots of your time and which might just be a refresher. Then I'd make a timetable or at least allocate sessions each week to start working through those topics as a priority. If you have time left, you can dip into the stuff you're more confident with or revisit the stuff you still need a little help with.

It's also worth looking at how you learn most effectively. There's no point spending 8 hours a day revising straight if you can only concentrate for 20-minute bursts. Similarly, if, for example, mind maps don't work for you - don't use them! Find the methods that work best for you and utilise them as much as you can.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending