The Student Room Group

Med school choices

Hi :wink: Anyone who 'knows their stuff' about med schools, I'd appreciate your advice.
I've got a choice of 18 Universities I can apply to (ones that accept my access course) so I've picked out the ones that I meet the minimum requirements for, here's how my little list looks at the moment (no particular order):

- UEA
- Glasgow
- St Georges
- Aberdeen

(I got BB for dual science, B for Maths, A for English - GCSE.)

I'm wondering though, is worth applying for a foundation year (6 years); Southampton for example? Or should jump in at the deep end and just go for 5year A100 with those 4 choices?
Also if I applied for a foundation year, would that count towards one of my 4'Med' choices or would it be my fith choice?

Thanks to anyone who answers :wink:
Reply 1
It would be one of your four choices.

You could apply for a foundation year course, but, since you're doing an access to med course, you might well be considered ineligible.
Renal
It would be one of your four choices.

You could apply for a foundation year course, but, since you're doing an access to med course, you might well be considered ineligible.

Thanks - I'll probably go with the 4 A100 choices in that case and check my eligibility for foundation years just incase.

Latest

Trending

Trending