The Student Room Group

What subjects do I take?

Hi guys.
So I just finished my igcse and about to start a levels and I was wondering on what subjects to take.
I wanna take Chem phy and math as I am really enthusiastic about aviation. But I wanted to keep window open for medical. So if aviation doesn't work out as it is expensive could I still go into a med school with those 3 subjects?
Reply 1
Yes, you could, as long as you pick a med school that doesn't require Biology. Having chem and all sciences will already offer a wide range of choices
yes absolutely! you can even apply to medicine at Cambridge as you have 3 science/mathematical subjects as requested! :biggrin:

do note that if you want to stick to aviation/aerospace engineering in general, you better do FM. still, it depends on the institution you would like to apply to :smile: (e.g., for Oxbridge & Imperial, FM is highly recommended/essential.)
Original post by sensitive-minist
Hi guys.
So I just finished my igcse and about to start a levels and I was wondering on what subjects to take.
I wanna take Chem phy and math as I am really enthusiastic about aviation. But I wanted to keep window open for medical. So if aviation doesn't work out as it is expensive could I still go into a med school with those 3 subjects?

Not having biology will rule out some (but not all) medical schools - there is a list here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422&p=90924126&page=108#post90924126
Reply 4
If you are not sure about doing Medicine or something else, then do something else.
Medicine is a tough journey and you have to be 100% committed to that as a career choice, not 'oh I might do Medicine if I go off Engineering'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending