The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Accomodation

I have received an interview for Film production at Solent however I was wondering if anyone knows anyway i can apply for accommodation before accepting as firm as I have offers from Nottingham and Lincoln too and cannot make them firm until i have received solents decision. I don't want to be left with a bad accommodation or have to go private becasue there is no spaces left in halls when i eventually get around to making my firm choice. I want the sociable halls. Anyone have any advice on what i should do?
Original post by Annabel.1
I have received an interview for Film production at Solent however I was wondering if anyone knows anyway i can apply for accommodation before accepting as firm as I have offers from Nottingham and Lincoln too and cannot make them firm until i have received solents decision. I don't want to be left with a bad accommodation or have to go private becasue there is no spaces left in halls when i eventually get around to making my firm choice. I want the sociable halls. Anyone have any advice on what i should do?

Hi @Annabel.1,

I wouldn't stress about it, at Lincoln there are plenty of accommodation options available and all of them are pretty sociable! You can see them through video tours! Here are some examples, General Map, Courts (on-campus), Cygnet Wharf (on campus), Pavillions (was revamped last year so look 10x nicer than this but you get the layout jist), Gateway, Junxion, Tour (2 years old so missing some buildings!). None of the Lincoln accommodations are far away so pre's is always easy to get to if it isn't in your accommodation!

Hopefully you receive your offer soon!
Lexy :smile:
Student Rep and 4th year MSc Microbiology Student
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Have you considered Vincent Place? We are in a really good location, 5 mins walk to Solent.

if you have a concern that you did not receive an offer in Solent you may also found our cancellation policy. I wish it helps. Also, we are having a virtual Open day tomorrow 28 May 12:30, if you interest follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/srvincentplace/

Cancellation Policy
Bookings for Academic Year 2020/21

7-Day Cooling-off Period

You can cancel your booking in writing or by sending an email directly to the Property Team within 7 days of accepting your tenancy agreement. If you decide to cancel your accommodation booking within these 7 days you will receive a full refund of your deposit. No fees, no fuss.

If you decide to cancel your booking following the 7-day cooling-off period, the below procedures will apply depending on your circumstances:

The following procedure applies to the below:

- Failure to receive grades (all academic years)
- Failure to obtain visa (all academic years)
- Studying in an alternative city
- The pre-sessional English language course required to take up your university place is cancelled
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Annabel.1

Hi @Annabel.1,
Congratulations on receiving an interview!

I believe you have to accept a firm offer (conditional or unconditional) to study at Solent in order to apply for accommodation at Solent Halls- there is more information about this on our website. If you require any further information about this please let me know, or contact [email protected].
I would say from my experience of living in Solent Halls that they are very sociable, and there are designated quieter halls (David Moxon). More information about each accommodation block can be found here.

I hope this has been helpful, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!
Eloise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending