The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Never been there, heard a lot of negativity about it, I doubt the place is as bad as people make it out to be.
It has an amazing Tesco.

Not as good as Maidenhead's Sainsbury's :smile:

Never been there, heard a lot of negativity about it, I doubt the place is as bad as people make it out to be.

It's just not a very good place, nothing spectacular, just not very good. It's also meant to be the unhappiest town in Britain. Don't you remember that programme 'Making Slough Happy' on BBC 2?
Reply 22
read the poem called slough and youll know.
There isnt grass 2 gaze a cow
Reply 23
I can't wait to get out of Slough and back to Galway.......I hate this ****hole!
Reply 24
WithFlyingColours
Not as good as Maidenhead's Sainsbury's :smile:

Our Sainsbury's is pug-ugly though :frown:
Our Sainsbury's is pug-ugly though

Hmm. Function over form though!
Slough is a "waste"
Especially Chalvey.
Too many weirdos around here.
I guess Birmingham/Coventry is much worse though, so whatever.
Hey I live in slough and admittedly I'm not in love with it but it isn't as bad as you are all making it out to be! :s-smilie:
Slough has the most weirdest people ever. They live in the countryside in their small little houses and have no emotion and are just plain unsociable.
What!
Slough = Not in the countryside
My house = Not small
I DO have emotions
I am VERY sociable.

Thanks for that
Well saying that I do live in a countryside house in Taplow...but thats just Taplow. In reality when referring to where I come from the reality is I say I come from Windsor as opposed to Slough.

Slough is actually a dump.
Also can't remember the last time I walked into Slough High Street without being perved upon, heck I even see women wearing the full jilbab being stared at.
Can't remember the last time I saw a White British person corss the road lol.
Even the Tescos is crap.

But Magic Corn is the best.
Superstar6318
Well saying that I do live in a countryside house in Taplow...but thats just Taplow. In reality when referring to where I come from the reality is I say I come from Windsor as opposed to Slough.

Slough is actually a dump.
Also can't remember the last time I walked into Slough High Street without being perved upon, heck I even see women wearing the full jilbab being stared at.
Can't remember the last time I saw a White British person corss the road lol.
Even the Tescos is crap.

But Magic Corn is the best.

Lol at Magic Corn
Tesco is nice :mad: !
Ditto with the perv thing though. Ah the unique tourist attractions of Slough
You're forgetting the authentic artwork on our walls
Reply 32
Slough... could not possibly think of anything worse.
FreshPrincess1
Lol at Magic Corn
Tesco is nice :mad: !
Ditto with the perv thing though. Ah the unique tourist attractions of Slough
You're forgetting the authentic artwork on our walls

It's too big and pointless. What can you get there, that you couldn't get from the Tescos there before the bigger one was built? More toilet rolls and maybe only Royal Sweets mithai?
Slough is okay. I go to school thereabouts (Nothing on Uxbridge/Hayes of course...)

Langley on the other hand, is full of spotty-faced inbred chavs who live on council estates and prey on little kids in the parks...

Btw, cheeseandbiscuits, according to your profile, you live in Wimbledon...you wouldn't be lying to us all would you?
It might have something to do with a John Betjeman poem.

'Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough'
Reply 36
I was born and grew up in Slough and it was awesome. I lived in an area called "Chalvey" and for some reason was known to be rough. Slough isn't as bad as people make out to be and it makes me angry when people "hear" about Slough being rough and moronically just pass that out as their opinion.
quinciam
I was born and grew up in Slough and it was awesome. I lived in an area called "Chalvey" and for some reason was known to be rough. Slough isn't as bad as people make out to be and it makes me angry when people "hear" about Slough being rough and moronically just pass that out as their opinion.

Well said haha
Reply 38
What about those of us who live (or lived, in my case) near enough to it and also think it's pretty rough? You can't say we don't know what we're on about...
Reply 39
It seems to have an identity crisis.
What is it?

A place where people live cos London is over-flowing and they can't afford Windsor or Maidenhead.

Many East Europeans have gone there, not to setle but to earn money to take home, so they don't bother assimilating or learning the language. (I'm not saying anything against them personally of course, such people are perfectly nice if you get to talk to them). The other social groups seem to be in gangs and not mixing very much. I remember about 12 years ago there was gang war between asians from Slough and Southall, dunno what it was all about.

Surrounding towns have focal points, obviously royalty and tourism for Windsor, a football team and the Hexagon for Reading, a university for Uxbridge.

Slough does have some desirable features:-
pedestrianised highstreet
Large range of shops & cafes
Indeer shopping areas
Large Tesco nearby with free parking & a cafe.

It's not too big. I went to Fresno California a while back, that city is fairly soul-less.

Here's a pic of a certain housing estate in Sheffield . . . can you name it?

Latest

Trending

Trending