The Student Room Group

Problem with times on results day, what should I do?

OK, I've mentioned this on a few threads but I want to ask specifically now, to try to find a solution.

Basically I'm doing 3 subjects in school, and one in an evening course. On results day, I definitely want my drama result (from the evening course) BEFORE I go to school to collect my other 3. When I see my friends and teachers in school, I want to be able to tell them for definite if I've met my Uni offer, not have to say "well I'm not sure yet, I still have one result to get".

The problem is, the centre where I do drama will not, for some unknown reason, download our results from the computer in the morning. Instead they wait for the post, which doesn't reach the centre until about midday. I have to ring the centre to find out my results since it's 25 miles or so from my house, but I can't do so until midday-ish. I don't know how long my school is open on results day, but I don't want to be going there at some time after 12, because by then most people will have got their results and left, so I won't get to see people.

I don't know what to do. I really don't like the thought of using UCAS track before I go to school. I really want to go into school, open my envelope, and that's how I know whether I'm in or not.

So either I go to school really late and don't get the moment of finding out what all my friends got, seeing all my teachers etc because most will have left, but at least I'll have all my grades.

Or I go to school at about 9 as I'd always planned, possibly get for example AAB, and am unable to tell people whether or not I'm in because I still have one grade to get.

Is it possible that I could ring the WJEC on results day, give them the centre number and candidate number, explain the situation and ask them to look up my grade for me? I'm not sure if they could do it. My mum's friend who works there had said she'd check for me, but she's just had an unexpected operation and is off on the sick so can't. And I'm not sure if someone who doesn't know me personally would be bothered to deal with one student's request for a grade.

Maybe I'll ask one of her colleagues to look it up. Though I'm not even entirely sure they can do that. I'm confused, and want to sort out what I'm going to do next Thursday.

I just wish the drama centre would care enough to work out how to download the results. The A Level class isn't really of much significance to the centre, and we don't know any of the staff except our own teacher, who isn't in charge anyway.

Should I ring them and ask them nicely but firmly to check online in the morning because it's really important to me? Or ring the WJEC on Thursday? I know I'm being picky here, but it means a lot to me to be able to walk into the school in the morning ready to be able to tell people whether or not I'm in.

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Could you not go to school and get your results, and if they are not what you need then use a school computer to check UCAS?
I don't know if you'ld be able to get to the library or wherever but surely your head of sixthform would look it up for you/let you look.
Reply 2
That's a really good idea actually, thanks!

Latest