The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Law at Edinburgh

anyone planning to do law? i'm coming from northern ireland and pretty much don't know anyone. :frown: i'm starting to think i shouldn't have chosen a scottish uni because of the conversion course i'll have to take after. i feel like i'm going to be studying at uni for the rest of my life lol. oh well, i suppose it can't be worse than facing the real world and working 9-5!

anyways, give a shout if you're doing law! :smile:
I have one friend who is starting their second year and he loves it. I also have two friends going this year. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Edinburgh is a fantastic city.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I'm about to start fourth year Law at Edinburgh - if you want to know about the course, or uni, feel free to ask.

I've met many Irish people on my course, and provided (like every other fresher) you make the effort to get to know people and be sociable initially then you'll be fine!

Don't worry! I'm Scottish, and grew up near Edinburgh but on the first day of fresher's week I didn't know anyone either. It's really easy to make friends, regardless of nationality - honest!

And tbh, an irish accent goes down well in Scotland :smile:
I'm doing law at Edin :smile: please scribble 'Wacko Jacko' on your forehead with a sharpie and I will definitely say hello.
Kilariously Jazzed
I'm doing law at Edin :smile: please scribble 'Wacko Jacko' on your forehead with a sharpie and I will definitely say hello.

hehe...ok-i'm sure i won't stand out AT ALL :P where are you staying?
lol ok, maybe not my best idea :smile:

I'm staying in Sciennes. U?

Latest

Trending

Trending