The Student Room Group
Clearing is not the time to hold back. Use the telephone initially.
Reply 3
Ring them up. But it's Imperial College.. most likely you'll be rejected.
Read the letter they sent you or the prospectus- they usually have instructions for what to do if you miss your grades.

I've been told (via letter from LSE) to wait for them to contact me, and not to email them. Or, you could wait for Track to update.

However, if you haven't heard anything for a week or so, I'd say e-mail.

But didn't they give you any instructions on what to do if you miss your offer?

PS: Hope you make the offer and never need to know the answer to your question, I'm terrified about missing my offer too :|
Reply 5
I got a similar offer from Cambridge A in F maths, Phy and chem, and A's in all A2 further maths modules. Same situation as you, cos i reckon FP2 is definitely a B
Good bloke
Clearing is not the time to hold back. Use the telephone initially.

nonono Check TRACK initially - if you've been accepted anyway it's a waste of everyone's time and clogs up the phone lines to be ringing.

(but yeah - don't email anyone unless you're asked to confirm something in writing, emails wont be top of the pile of priorities)
PQ
nonono Check TRACK initially - if you've been accepted anyway it's a waste of everyone's time and clogs up the phone lines to be ringing.

Of course. Perhaps I went an assumption too far and assumed common sense.
Good bloke
Of course. Perhaps I went an assumption too far and assumed common sense.

this is TSR on results week - we'll have none of that common sense stuff :wink:
PQ
this is TSR on results week - we'll have none of that common sense stuff :wink:

:biggrin: No, you're quite right. Silly me. :biggrin: :laugh:
Reply 10
sonce common sense is out the window, is there any point in phoning up edexcel to see my grades, or my uni if theyve accepted me b4 results day
musti123
sonce common sense is out the window, is there any point in phoning up edexcel to see my grades, or my uni if theyve accepted me b4 results day

no

edexcel will probably give you someone else's grades by accident

the unis don't have your results yet and when they do have them next week they'll be a) too busy and b) too sensible to risk losing their early access to the results to speak to you until you have your grades.
Reply 12
yeah lol
Reply 13
bennycy
I got an offer from The Imperial college and it requires 3 "A"s with "A"s in some FP units..

what should I do if I miss such as 1 "A" in a FP unit (and got B)? Should I e-mail the registry office of the uni?

thank you!

Following on from PQ's and Juno's good advice have you come up with any strategy of how you might sell yourself to Imperial if you need (and get) the chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending