The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law Offers

has anyone received any response from the York law school yet? i applied as an early applicant and i haven't heard anything yet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been wondering this, I know some people have had emails inviting them to online assessments??
University of York
York
Has anyone heard from york for law yet. Application submitted early October and still nothing. Got all others back.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Has anyone heard from york for law yet. Application submitted early October and still nothing. Got all others back.

I haven't heard yet. Getting worried as i know home, contextual offers have come out

Hi,

The department waited until the UCAS deadline to receive all applications before making their decisions. I believe the department are still processing the applications and will send out offers in due course 🙂
Original post by isobel l
I haven't heard yet. Getting worried as i know home, contextual offers have come out

I'm contextual and its been nothing on my side - certainly hope they haven't all come out yet
I haven't heard anything at all! I'm a home student and i meet the entry requirements so it's confusing lol🙂
Reply 7
Original post by freyabeth444
I haven't heard anything at all! I'm a home student and i meet the entry requirements so it's confusing lol🙂

Hi I emailed uni admissions about this because its the same for me and a lot of others it seems, and this is what they said

‘As we held Law applications until the UCAS deadline for equal consideration (31st January 2024) we are currently in the process of making our decisions.

Due to the high number of applications we received we are working through them as quickly as possible but unfortunately cannot provide an exact timescale.’

:smile:
Reply 8
With what i’ve gathered, I believe the uni has given initial offers to those a couple grades higher than the requirements.
One of my friends who applied at the same time as me (November) was predicted AAA and got an offer before Jan 31st, whereas I achieved an A*AA prediction and still haven’t heard anything back. Another one of my friends also applied with an AAB prediction and still haven’t heart back yet too.
If you haven’t been rejected on the UCAS website, there is still hope!! Hopefully we should be seeing some promising emails in the coming months, good luck!!
Original post by millalalou
With what i’ve gathered, I believe the uni has given initial offers to those a couple grades higher than the requirements.
One of my friends who applied at the same time as me (November) was predicted AAA and got an offer before Jan 31st, whereas I achieved an A*AA prediction and still haven’t heard anything back. Another one of my friends also applied with an AAB prediction and still haven’t heart back yet too.
If you haven’t been rejected on the UCAS website, there is still hope!! Hopefully we should be seeing some promising emails in the coming months, good luck!!
That's very interesting and actually makes a lot of sense, thank you!
I’ve applied with 2A* and an A and haven’t heard anything and I applied in october
Reply 11
Yeah it's a bit hit and miss with this, I have three A*s predicted and A in EPQ and have heard nothing - non contextual home state school
Original post by pvma
Yeah it's a bit hit and miss with this, I have three A*s predicted and A in EPQ and have heard nothing - non contextual home state school

It is just a chance of waiting now unfortunately.
We just have to all remind ourselves that they only started looking at application properly around 3 weeks ago, hopefully we will hear back soon!!
Original post by pvma

We just have to all remind ourselves that they only started looking at application properly around 3 weeks ago, hopefully we will hear back soon!!

I got an offer guys!!!
I think they’re starting to roll out the offers now as I received an email with a self assessment on PBL and a declaration that I would like to receive an offer!
I hope everyone else starts seeing this too, good luck!!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #1
has anyone received any response from the York law school yet? i applied as an early applicant and i haven't heard anything yet
I live in the States and applied in mid-December. I received a confirmed acceptance on 1/18.
Congratulations!! When did you get the self assessment and then when did you get the offer, also are you a contextual student (if you don't mind my asking).
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 16
Got an offer too. Well done everyone and good luck to everyone still waiting! X
(edited 1 month ago)
i got an offer too! but i haven’t gotten the self assessment part. is that something to be worried about (im an international student btw!)
Reply 18

I got an offer guys!!!
I think they’re starting to roll out the offers now as I received an email with a self assessment on PBL and a declaration that I would like to receive an offer!
I hope everyone else starts seeing this too, good luck!!!!Are you a home student and what were your predicted grades? Congrats!
Reply 19
Original post by cgb2006
Got an offer too. Well done everyone and good luck to everyone still waiting! X
Congrats! Are you home or international?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending