The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i got a D for my history :frown: thought i did well on the sources and extended essay but exam essays went bad. didnt think i'd fail though :frown:

got a low B in prelim so do you think they school will appeal? im not sure how appeals work really
Reply 21
that happened to me, but with my higher spanish!
my school phoned the sqa and the sqa said that it was an admin error - and have awarded me my proper grade

so try that first..cuz i was sure i had done everything correctly - like done all my nabs, sent all the correct stuff in etc.
Reply 22
Same thing happened with Higher Accounts this year.

I got a borderline A/B in the prelims, but had a shocker of an exam - i was ill, my grandad had been taken to hospital the night before, etc - and ended up failing.

My teacher sent of the urgent appeal, but luckliy Aberdeen accepted me for Law anyway so i don't need to worry. I doubt i'll get it bumped up anyway, and even if it is they will probably only give me a D
Reply 23
*C*
OP
kirsty217
that happened to me, but with my higher spanish!
my school phoned the sqa and the sqa said that it was an admin error - and have awarded me my proper grade

so try that first..cuz i was sure i had done everything correctly - like done all my nabs, sent all the correct stuff in etc.

I doubt they will give me a chance though since I just got a C in the prelim:confused: . Can you phone the SQA yourself and ask lol?
Reply 24
*C*
OP
after reading another thread I think something really isn't right this year lol. I heard somebody in my school got a no award and phoned up and it was because their paper was lost.
Reply 25
I really doubt it to be honest...
Reply 26
*C*
I doubt they will give me a chance though since I just got a C in the prelim:confused: . Can you phone the SQA yourself and ask lol?

yeh but they may still have just like no added in one of your papers - that what happened with ym spanish - i had done everything they just ********ed up the adding up - its worth a shot to get your school to ask
Reply 27
The history paper was hard this year! I was also ill (cold wise) that day during the Paper1!

What Topics did you study? and Special topic?
Reply 28
*C*
OP
I will ask tommorrow what marks I actually got for each section and if a mark for a bit it very low or 0 or something I will know it is obviously a mistake. I studied Germany and Britain about reform acts and stuff, sorry I can't remember exactly the names of the topics now lol.
Reply 29
Tomorrow? Are your schools still opened tomorrow? Ours in the area were shut due to the strike thing. We were in today and I asked my History what mark for Extended Essay, but he was busy and said to come back later, I never, wasn't really bothereed thb lol, the only reason I wanted to find out was to see how the hell I passed!

We did that......omg.... lol

Britain and democracy stuff, reform acts etc? labour? then Bismarck Germany and stuff? Nazi's? We done the special topic on Appeasement. I dunno the names either, its fine :biggrin:
Reply 30
*C*
OP
javjamoll
Tomorrow? Are your schools still opened tomorrow? Ours in the area were shut due to the strike thing. We were in today and I asked my History what mark for Extended Essay, but he was busy and said to come back later, I never, wasn't really bothereed thb lol, the only reason I wanted to find out was to see how the hell I passed!

We did that......omg.... lol

Britain and democracy stuff, reform acts etc? labour? then Bismarck Germany and stuff? Nazi's? We done the special topic on Appeasement. I dunno the names either, its fine :biggrin:

Yes we were still in, although the younger years were off lol. Ye we done the same topics as you ! lol. Anyone know if I have to do the extended essay again as I am resitting it? or is it the same as the nabs?
Reply 31
*C*
Yes we were still in, although the younger years were off lol. Ye we done the same topics as you ! lol. Anyone know if I have to do the extended essay again as I am resitting it? or is it the same as the nabs?

You must do it again, it's part of the final exam.
Reply 32
*C*
OP
pamelaa
You must do it again, it's part of the final exam.

I'm sure somebody asked today and the teacher said no, I am not sure though. I don't mind to be honest as if I never passed I would want to improve it.

Latest

Trending

Trending