The Student Room Group

Official Thread for Those with Afro-Hair Only - Ladies and Gents . .

Scroll to see replies

No 30 pounds isn't too much although I don't usually pay for relaxing but that's about what I pay for using extensions.

It's getting a bit tiring doing the whole relaxing, extensions routine and I really want to do something different with my hair but I don't know what.
sleekchic
No 30 pounds isn't too much although I don't usually pay for relaxing but that's about what I pay for using extensions.

It's getting a bit tiring doing the whole relaxing, extensions routine and I really want to do something different with my hair but I don't know what.

Ahh kk - it use to be £25, but she put the price up about 2 yrs ago! :s-smilie:

Yea im getting fed up of relaxing my hair tbh, but I hate extensions and I hate weave! :s-smilie: If i let the relaxer grow out, my hair will start to fall out! :s-smilie:

Can't win! :woo:
Reply 782
why do girls buy extensions to braid in? Why not just braid the natural hair?
rye225
why do girls buy extensions to braid in? Why not just braid the natural hair?

Because the natural hair probably isn't long enough! :dontknow:
Do any of you use the mega-tek/EQYSS poducts i.e this stuff? I'm thinking of maybe getting their detangler and hair growth one? Some of the things seem expensive but looking at their ingredients, they seem to be really good - oil free, no sls, silicones etc. (Shame they're primarily for horses/animals lol)
La Trampa
Do any of you use the mega-tek/EQYSS poducts i.e this stuff? I'm thinking of maybe getting their detangler and hair growth one? Some of the things seem expensive but looking at their ingredients, they seem to be really good - oil free, no sls, silicones etc. (Shame they're primarily for horses/animals lol)

I was going to get some, but im scared its going to break my hair off! :s-smilie:

The ladies on BHM rave about the product a lot and have seen hair growth spurt out their heads like there is no tomorrow.
Yeah I did a google search so I decided I'm going to order. will update everyone once I start using it. Why do you think it'll break your hair? The ingredients are like the holy grail of hair - deionised water, no SLS, Mucopolysaccharides (good stuff!) etc etc. I can't wait to try it honestly...I know people shouldn't depend solely on 'hair products' for growth but heck, it's like miracle stuff lol

Also made a huge order tonight of essential oils. Decided I'll be firmer with my going natural regime and give it a proper go. Wish me luck! >.<
Reply 787
This is my hair yesterday after it was relaxed. It is wet but it was the only time i remembered to do it!

APL by Sep may be a bit optimistic, i just want it to grow and be healthy!
Right my stuff has arrived from the mega-tek place and it smells gorgeous actually. will try the detangler/hair sprouter today.
La Trampa
Right my stuff has arrived from the mega-tek place and it smells gorgeous actually. will try the detangler/hair sprouter today.

Do let me, well the thread know how you get on - as im still intrigued by the products if im honest :teeth: lol
Reply 790
DancinBallerina
I keep my hair well moisturised and etc, but I seem to be suffering with a bad dandruff problem

Sulfur8...yellow and white bottle, STINKS to high heaven,, but its actually really gd for dry scalps. I guaranteeeee that will work!!:biggrin:
Saff_09
Sulfur8...yellow and white bottle, STINKS to high heaven,, but its actually really gd for dry scalps. I guaranteeeee that will work!!:biggrin:

LoL I have tried it and the scent is enough to make anyone run! I hate it!

But I might go back to it and see if it'll help me.

Ta for the suggestion though. :smile:
Reply 792
DancinBallerina

Ta for the suggestion though. :smile:

youre welcum:smile:

I'm lazy and just straighten my hair probly evry 3-4 weeks,,,,:confused: anyone kno of any good heat protection sprays/gels/creams??....

i luv keracare at the moment but it' a ridiculus bottle for £12......ive tried loads but none that have kept me loyal lol
Saff_09
youre welcum:smile:

I'm lazy and just straighten my hair probly evry 3-4 weeks,,,,:confused: anyone kno of any good heat protection sprays/gels/creams??....

i luv keracare at the moment but it' a ridiculus bottle for £12......ive tried loads but none that have kept me loyal lol

Hair serum I use for straightening my hair and protecting from heat is the IC Fantasia (pink bottle) - that stuff is the beeknees. Expensive, ie £7 but it lasts agessss. I have had mine almost a year and im just coming to the end of it.
Reply 794
DancinBallerina
I have had mine almost a year and im just coming to the end of it.

that is ages...
i've tried their hair polisher stuff, which was good, when my hair's straight I like to keep it clean so it's annoying having to use gel, sheen spray and what ever else......
I just feel sorry for the girls who say they wash their hair every 2 days....or every day
Saff_09
that is ages...
i've tried their hair polisher stuff, which was good, when my hair's straight I like to keep it clean so it's annoying having to use gel, sheen spray and what ever else......
I just feel sorry for the girls who say they wash their hair every 2 days....or every day

I hate using gel and all that rubbish, makes my hair feel very unclean and my hair use to break loadsssssssssss - so its why I just stick with the serum which makes my hair nice and light.

Meh once a week does my head in, so I feel for the girls who have to do their's every day or every other day!
DancinBallerina
Do let me, well the thread know how you get on - as im still intrigued by the products if im honest lol

Well I tried this today, the Megatek rebuilder and it smells gorgeous! Like pina colada actually..the horses are lucky lol. Anyways, it's easy to apply and it's light and sinks in nicely. I left it on for a couple of hours with my hair uncovered and it does feel like there's hair gum/gel in your hair but that's pretty standard isn't with stuff like that. Anyways washed it out after a couple of hours and my hair's really soft and detangled easily :smile: So now I'm sitting with a bag over my hair deep conditioning with loads of essential oils and conditioners :smile:

I got this spray as well, and tried it and it works too, hair detangled and was soft and moisturised so pleased with this. I'm definitely going to take it camping with me. I think I might switch to the megatek stuff completely...the ingredients are like the holy grail of all hair products lol

Tomorrow I'm going to use the megatek 'treatment' tomorrow but not for a long time as I'll need to do my grocery shopping and then I'm going to try the 'baking soda texturiser treatment' lol

Anyways the goal is to do the megatek treatment twice a week, mostly at the weekend and if I notice any growth, I'll let you lot know :smile:
La Trampa
Well I tried this today, the Megatek rebuilder and it smells gorgeous! Like pina colada actually..the horses are lucky lol. Anyways, it's easy to apply and it's light and sinks in nicely. I left it on for a couple of hours with my hair uncovered and it does feel like there's hair gum/gel in your hair but that's pretty standard isn't with stuff like that. Anyways washed it out after a couple of hours and my hair's really soft and detangled easily :smile: So now I'm sitting with a bag over my hair deep conditioning with loads of essential oils and conditioners :smile:

I got this spray as well, and tried it and it works too, hair detangled and was soft and moisturised so pleased with this. I'm definitely going to take it camping with me. I think I might switch to the megatek stuff completely...the ingredients are like the holy grail of all hair products lol

Tomorrow I'm going to use the megatek 'treatment' tomorrow but not for a long time as I'll need to do my grocery shopping and then I'm going to try the 'baking soda texturiser treatment' lol

Anyways the goal is to do the megatek treatment twice a week, mostly at the weekend and if I notice any growth, I'll let you lot know :smile:

thanks for posting. i was just going to post whether anyone on here has used mega-tek.
La Trampa

Ahhh thanks for posting - defo report back with any growth = if you get hair sprouting through your hair = im jumping on the mega-tek bandwagon :yep: lol

Random question - open to all - as odd as this sounds, what hairbrushes/combs do you all use? do you have certain one's for your hair or just anything that does the job? I ask as I was looking at my brushes/combs and tbh they are rather tatty and disgusting - so im looking to get some new one's. So if you have fab. brushes/combs, do lemme know.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Mutinta

I totally agree there should be a regulated list. There's no way of telling if a salon is going to be good or not until you go there. I was thinking about going to Errol Douglas in London (the guy who's won a tonne of awards) but it's £80 and I don't want to spend that much every couple of months. Surely there must be good salons out there that offer decent hair care, good customer service and a reasonable price.

hey thanks for mentioning errol douglas, im looking for a good hair dresser in london. Ive just went on his website and the prices are crazy, a perm costs between £80 - £150. For everyone else here is a price list http://www.erroldouglas.com/services.html

Do you think it would be worth it? I really want to sort my hair out and i dont know what to do. I would love a consultation with him, just so he could set me on the right track with my hair.

Quick Reply

Latest