The Student Room Group

help, what should i do?

i just got my AS results back and i have a B in OCR AS level history. in the separate units i got 96%, 76% and 62%, an overall average of 78%. the C grade is in the source based paper which is a difficult paper, but i can't help but think that it must be wrong, because i was getting mid/high As in class on the practice papers (my teacher is an examiner), and i thought i'd done absolutely fine after the exam. i just think it's weird because it's only just a C, nearly a D. anyway, i spoke to my form teacher today and he told me not to get a remark even though i'm really suspicious of it, as 'remarking can be risky' and i'm only 2% off an A anyway. i want to get it remarked precisely because i'm 2% off an A...

so yeah. um, would you get a remark? i just feel crap :frown: i think i've been screwed over by an examiner here.
Reply 1
Are you planning on resitting it if you don't remark it?

If you are, you might as well get it remarked :smile:
Reply 2
Are you continuing with it next year? If so, rather than a remark, could you stomach a retake?
Reply 3
Argh! Same here!
I do edexcel and I got a B. I was predicted an A and was getting consistently excellent marks for essays (never less than 13/15). One exam did go awfully but even so! I got 93/120, 68/90 and 74/90 :mad:
For the first unit thats three marks off an A, and for the third two!
I'm going to retake the 68 and maybe get a remark for the third one even though people are warning me against it.
i am continuing with it, yeah. if my school don't allow me a remark then i'll resit... i just don't know which to go with. i've averaged 78% :frown: arrrghhh!
Reply 5
I'm in the same position. I'm going to get a photocopy of my script to see if it is worth a remark. If not i will resit :s
to be honest since you're in AS I would just resit the module you did lowest in, if you go up in a remark it will only be a few marks, if you resat you would really nail that paper and get a great mark on it instead of having a marginally better one than you had before, cos remember, just getting it up a few marks will make a difference but because ALL the MARKS count to your final grade, not the grade itself, it's better just to resit and get a load of extra marks.
Reply 7
Remarks are risky, and unlss your teacher requests them, you will have to pay for it. Theres also a chance it could be marked down aswell...not good. I'd retake it.
i think i'll get a copy of my exam script and then discuss with my teacher whether to resit or get a remark. i am so ****ing pissed off about it, i KNOW it shouldn't be that low. even if i have done worse than expected, it shouldn't be that low, i did everything the exam asked of me... :frown:
you won't be the only one who feels that way. if you really feel like that then go with the remark, I guess since it's an essay subject it could change, but just bear in mind you could end up with less marks than before. And then unless you resit you will HAVE to have those marks, however they change.
Amy***
I'm in the same position. I'm going to get a photocopy of my script to see if it is worth a remark. If not i will resit :s

how do you go about doing this? are you with OCR?
rainbow drops
how do you go about doing this? are you with OCR?

you could ask your school's examination office to call them and request the photocopy for you?

Latest