The Student Room Group

Guys: Are tall girls 'intimidating'?

Scroll to see replies

It's more intimidating when you wanna introduce yourself when the girl (with or without heels) is taller than you.
Reply 41
personally i think tall girls are pretty sexy.
I think 6'2 is a bit much tbh. 5'10 is fine though - you should just not wear heels. A girl that appears 6'2 (same height as me) would not be attractive to me, and I imagine a lot of guys, particularly shorter ones, are the same.
Reply 43
I prefer tall girls as i'm 6ft4 myself, as long as they aren't taller than me, otherwise I would be intimidated!
Reply 44
IMO if you wore flat shoes you would get more guys trying it on with you because generally guys would rather be taller than the girl they were with and at 5'10" you would be smaller than alot of guys unlike being 6'2" with heels.

I wouldn't really go for a girl who was 6ft+, I rather smaller girls.
I am only 5'4", should I feel intimidated?:eek: Personally, I have no problem with tall girls. Can't live in fear you know.:biggrin:
YE THTS TOO TALL. if you are that tall already then do not wea heels where possible
Reply 47
I'm 5' 10" tall and I love tall girls. Well, all girls actually. If you are tall and have good posture let me know.
History Lost in Physics
I haven't got a problem with tall women but I hate heels. Not sure why - I think it's probably for some strange ultra feminist reason about it being all about pleasing men.

Have always hated them though, them and excessive make-up.

Oh, I love you :biggrin: :woo: :clap2:
Reply 49
I'm 5'9/5'10, so when I wear them, even taller! And I love wearing them. I like striding into a room and being tall, making an impact when I walk in - the rest of the time I'm pretty low key (jeans and a hoodie mostly!) so when I go out, it's nice to really be *seen*.

I haven't had a problem with men not chatting me up, perhaps it's the way you're holding yourself. If you're wearing heels but are embarrassed or feel self-conscious, it's gunna show, and that's not attractive. Just be confident. I love seeing other tall girls with long slim legs walk into a bar, it's show-stopping! :wink: You wouldn't really want to be 5 foot nothing tottering around on tiny legs and huge heels anyway - the grass is *always* greener!

Just be happy the way you are, and definitely don't stop wearing heels. I've had a boyfriend who was taller, a boyfriend who was my height, and my boyfriend now is shorter than me. And to whichever ridiculous poster suggested women dating shorter guys have some sort of low image of themselves - *******s! :tongue: He happens to be great in every way, and I don't need the illusion of feeling "protected" by a Big Strong Man. I wear heels when we go out together, and he doesn't have a problem with it - why should he? He's confident in himself, and when you're getting horizontal, height really doesn't matter :wink:
Reply 50
No but I'm insecure about whether I'm tall enough for them sometimes :frown: (6ft). Same height is fine, reversed sexual dimorphism is embarassing.
Reply 51
Sheesh, you must have a lot of confidence with your height in order that you still wear heels.
In comparison I'm 5"8 but feel far too lanky to wear heels! Not to mention all my friends are much smaller than me, and wearing flats while they're in heels means I can talk to them "face-to-face" rather than "face-to-air-above-head".

At the end of the day, you're never going to be able to get a definitive answer from here, because it's all down to personal preference.
Some guys like shorter girls, some drool over tall ones.

But nearly all guys pine after a girl with confidence - so stop worrying about what other people think, keep doing what you're comfortable with - and I'm sure you'll get what you want in time.
Reply 52
Gosh guys, just because a girl's tall doesn't mean she shouldn't be wearing heels. Confident men shouldn't be intimidated by tall girls.
i can see why 6'2 might put some guys off, as you'd be taller than them, so they automatically think you wouldnt be interested in them. Personally i wouldnt be put off, as i still be taller than you :colone: 5'10 is a good height though
Reply 54
i know a lot of tall girls who have no problem getting guys. one of them is 6 foot
My friend is about 6ft and has always got guys interested in her. And that is guys taller than her and shorter than her. Shes never seen her height as intimidating.
Reply 56
I have absolutely no issues with any lady who might be taller than me (I am 6'1), Amazons rule :wink:
Reply 57
But wouldn't boys be smart enough to see that most girls over 6' are not actually that height since they have an extra 3" or more height due to heels....
Reply 58
I LOVE taller girls. Though my tastes may be a bit odd. My girlfriend is 6'5" in platform boots. Is ok for me though, I'm 6' 7" in mine! :biggrin:
Reply 59
I'm 5ft 8/9 without heels, so when I do wear heels I often reach the 6ft mark. I love being tall, and I'm usually attracted to tall guys because of my height. If I'm going to be honest, I'd say seeing other tall women intimidates me because I'm so used to being taller than my friends and a lot of girls in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending