The Student Room Group

Guys: Are tall girls 'intimidating'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
My boyfriend is 6' and I'm 5'9" but he actually prefers it when i wear heels and come up to/or beyond his height. I do feel quite 'obvious' when i'm wearing heels and feel bulkier generally so don't wear them very often, but when I do he loves it : )

OP if its on your mind why not experiment a bit with not wearing heels one night, just to see if it changes - if nothing else you'll be able to dance all night without getting sore feet!
Reply 61
if i liked a girl it probs wouldnt matter if she were taller. Its not like i'll specifically go round looking for people smaller than myself, and wouldnt be put off if she was taller.
malleablegrace
Oh, I love you :biggrin: :woo: :clap2:

You're studying history and are at bristol?

Run :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 63
im 5ft11 and personally i never wear heels, mainly because i cant walk in them and its a long way to fall!
I used to be very insecure about my height, but lovely, you're not ever going to beable to change it, just wear flats. and embrace the fact that you probably have the longest legs in the club :smile:
No, they're not intimidating to me because I'm tall myself.
I don't find tall girls anymore or less intimidating. I am fairly tall though so its unlikely I would meet any girl that could tower over me. For a short guy I could understand it perhaps...

If you want to test the chat up theory then sit down all night and see if there is a difference :wink:
Reply 66
It's possible they're intimidated by tall girls, not sure why though. I'm 5'9"/5'10" and I'm so not intimidating at all! I think you're brave for wearing heels. I never wear heels because my boyfriend is shorter than me as it is! If a guy is intimidated by tall girls then fair enough, that's how he feels but it's pretty pathetic so no loss there. I understand that many guys would prefer their girlfriend to be a bit shorter than them because that looks more normal, but being intimidated by tall girls is just strange.
Reply 67
I prefer my girl to be shorter..but then i guess thats just a thing iv got about shorter girls being cuter, then again i wouldn't turn a girl down just because she was tall
I'm 18 and 5'11/6' and i personally prefer taller girls although i can find them intimidating. It's not always the fact that they are tall i find intimidating its just that i assume because they are taller they're likely to be older than me..
Reply 69
StylishKidInTheRiot
I'm 18 and 5'11/6' and i personally prefer taller girls although i can find them intimidating. It's not always the fact that they are tall i find intimidating its just that i assume because they are taller they're likely to be older than me..

But we stop growing at 19!!
I think a lot of men are intimidated about me (im 6"1) but mostly i find that as boys grow up and become more mature they're not as bothered about my height...

Tbf sounds weird but i have more problems with girls that are intimidated by me and automatically hate me, god knows why but oh well their loss... :biggrin:

Imo i would never wear high heels and don't feel the desire to. i don't want to make myself taller and my friends are quite short anyway :p:
..J'adore..
Tbf sounds weird but i have more problems with girls that are intimidated by me and automatically hate me, god knows why but oh well their loss... :biggrin:

That's coz those who are 5'4" to 5'5" (like me) are jealous of your height. :p:
moneyfaery
That's coz those who are 5'4" to 5'5" (like me) are jealous of your height. :p:

Lol!! I don't understand why though... everyone always says they'd rather be taller but I'd definately rather be smaller... :s-smilie:

I'm getting used to it a bit now though :biggrin:
Reply 73
Im 6'1 and never wear heels, simply becuase i would feel self concious beeing any taller. My friends say i should and would look amazing but i dont have the guts and i would not feel comfortable in them.
Personally i am getting much more used to my height. I love it! I get hit on in clubs(by shorter and taller guys), but i believe this is because i am comfortable in my height and look confident.
OP, wear whatever you feel most confident in heels/no heels. if u feel good about your height guys will notice your confidence. head up shoulders back and get those legs out! the guys will love it. x
Reply 74
oh and also... i would never rather be short. I went to V festival this weekend and i could see everything wherever i stood! although i did get chewing gum put in my hair becuase a short girl behind me could not see. Her problem i say, i was there first!
Reply 75
I know it's a generalization, but I've noticed that quite a few girls who are on the short side are often the loudest in the group, has anyone else ever come across that?
Reply 76
I'm 5,8 and wouldn't be intimidated by a 6,2 girl. However, I wouldn't find her attractive, but that's just me.
Reply 77
Never been a problem for me, but I am 6'4" (and a bit). I've never had a girlfriend taller the me, but I did date one that was a basketball player and 6'1" with no worries over her hieght.
If you find guys get put off then just wear flats. I'm 5'7, and when I wear my highest heels, i'm 5'11, which I find is SO tall, as i'm higher than almost everyone! I can imagine a 6'2 girl would look intimidating tbh.
Reply 79
No... in my experience, the tallest girls are the hottest! Although its easy for me to pull as im 6'3", so no girl is too tall for me!... Unless she is like 7 foot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending