The Student Room Group
Reply 1
never been in but met a corpus person for the first time today! She was real nice, a bit whacky though! She says college is small, you get to know everyone, but this can mean you sometimes feel you lack privacy. Food is cheap, not really renowned for anything tbh
Reply 2
One of the senior tutors from Corpus came to my school to give a talk about Oxbridge. He seemed like a really nice bloke and we met up with him again when we went to the open day. The college itself is really nice and its fairly central :smile: but it was a bit too small for my liking so I applied to Trinity.
Reply 3
Hi there, I'm at Corpus.

Location of college couldn't be better. Seriously, on a map it appears to be the centre of cambridge. Yet we are fairly secluded from tourists: I walked into King's the other day with some heavy books and a King's scarf and nearly got blinded by flashes.. this doesn't really happen in Corpus.

Small- advantage is there is no room for cliques. Also we don't have any seriously pretentious or arrogant types I've noticed, and there definitely are those in other colleges. Plus you have the whole uni if you need more people to meet.

Food- yes cheap, above average for uni. Though I like Emma hall best so far...

Accomodation is good I reckon.

p.s. When you come up come to the bar and chat to us if you like- you get a free tea/coffee/soft drink if you do!
Reply 4
If u think of Trinity as London, Corpus Christi is a three-family village in the middle of wales
Reply 5
jamierwilliams
If u think of Trinity as London, Corpus Christi is a three-family village in the middle of wales

jokes!
dreamer
Hi there, I'm at Corpus.

Location of college couldn't be better. Seriously, on a map it appears to be the centre of cambridge. Yet we are fairly secluded from tourists: I walked into King's the other day with some heavy books and a King's scarf and nearly got blinded by flashes.. this doesn't really happen in Corpus.

Small- advantage is there is no room for cliques. Also we don't have any seriously pretentious or arrogant types I've noticed, and there definitely are those in other colleges. Plus you have the whole uni if you need more people to meet.

p.s. When you come up come to the bar and chat to us if you like- you get a free tea/coffee/soft drink if you do!

You might like to mention the 'serious building activity and associated hassle' that will take place deep into 2007...
After that it'll fecking rule (like it does now but better)
Reply 7
yes, corpus is small / pretty / is being vamped up at the moment. i know of a (very, very arrogant) postgrad lawyer from there. but am sure the undergrads are nice! law's very good across all the colleges. good luck :smile:
Reply 8
dreamer
Hi there, I'm at Corpus.

Hey..thanks..its good encouragement! Im a little confused about the accomdation..last time i went on an open day and stayed in a room but it wasnt in the campus (opposite this pretty large college which had a sandy color like corpus with a henry 8th carving in) Just turning right when u go out of the corpus entrance. Is that the accomodation? or sthin else cos ive read that the accomdation is on site? is it in the old court? :confused:
Reply 9
dreamer
Small- advantage is there is no room for cliques. Also we don't have any seriously pretentious or arrogant types I've noticed, and there definitely are those in other colleges.

I have a friend at Corpus, who's really nice, but you also have a hilarious first-year historian (James I think?) who seems a bit pretentious, since he goes to all his lectures in a suit. I bump into him most mornings coming down Silver Street.
Reply 10
Eloise
yes, corpus is small / pretty / is being vamped up at the moment. i know of a (very, very arrogant) postgrad lawyer from there. but am sure the undergrads are nice! law's very good across all the colleges. good luck :smile:

I know EXACTLY who you mean (see how small it is?)

He's not that bad...I think it's just a mask.
Reply 11
LUBEY
Hey..thanks..its good encouragement! Im a little confused about the accomdation..last time i went on an open day and stayed in a room but it wasnt in the campus (opposite this pretty large college which had a sandy color like corpus with a henry 8th carving in) Just turning right when u go out of the corpus entrance. Is that the accomodation? or sthin else cos ive read that the accomdation is on site? is it in the old court? :confused:

I think you've stayed in the Benet Street accomodation if you've turned right. It's just out of the main site, but only just. Your first year accomodation will be either in college, in Benet Street or in Botolph Court. They are all college owned and decent.
Reply 12
Squishy
I have a friend at Corpus, who's really nice, but you also have a hilarious first-year historian (James I think?) who seems a bit pretentious, since he goes to all his lectures in a suit. I bump into him most mornings coming down Silver Street.

Hmm...I only know 2 historians in the first year- have I missed a person? Or could you mean older James the historian...bark worse than bite!
Reply 13
dreamer
Hmm...I only know 2 historians in the first year- have I missed a person? Or could you mean older James the historian...bark worse than bite!

I dunno, I was told he was a historian by someone in Corpus! I thought he would've stood out, since I've never seen him out of one particular suit. :confused:
Eloise

Not Colm McGrath perchance?
love you corpus, and your lovely offer too :smile:
Got an offer from Corpus as well! So shocked.... Got to get the grades now....

Latest

Trending

Trending