The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60

As predicted, most of the scaffolding has been taken down, so here's the end of the building closest to St David's - presumably where the front door will be.

Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 61
Persipan
As predicted, most of the scaffolding has been taken down, so here's the end of the building closest to St David's - presumably where the front door will be.

Thanks. Wow I just can't wait to get there. Once all the scaffolding has been removed it's going to look really nice. It's huge aswell! Much bigger then I imagined
xxx
Reply 62
I used to live quite literally opposite in my second and third years, and spent my first year next door at Kingdom Mews. It's a good place to live; it'll be better now there are even more students down there. That road is a busy one, though.
Reply 63
Wow, it's so massive! Looks lush as well! It's so cool we're gonna be the first people to ever live there. I cannot wait now, bring on the 27th!! x
Reply 64
Hey I was just wondering...do you reckon the contract is correct when it says 'Room A, flat 55'
Can there seriously be at least 55 flats with 5-7 people in each??
With 5 people in 55 flats that would be at least 275 people, which seems way above what the accomodation office have apparently been telling people (I seem to recall somebody saying there would be about 130 of us though I might be wrong).
Also, all the other uni accomodation for exeter gives the flat the letter and room the number (ie. block C, room 7). Have they got it the wrong way rounddddd?
Need to make a phonecall perhaps...
Reply 65
Smem
Hey I was just wondering...do you reckon the contract is correct when it says 'Room A, flat 55'
Can there seriously be at least 55 flats with 5-7 people in each??
With 5 people in 55 flats that would be at least 275 people, which seems way above what the accomodation office have apparently been telling people (I seem to recall somebody saying there would be about 130 of us though I might be wrong).
Also, all the other uni accomodation for exeter gives the flat the letter and room the number (ie. block C, room 7). Have they got it the wrong way rounddddd?
Need to make a phonecall perhaps...

Like I said, though, I think part of the building won't be finished by September, so though there's 130 or so people going in now, that's not the whole building filled. And the end of the building that looks more finished is the end that's further from what looks like the front door, if that makes sense.

Also, numbering sytems for blocks of flats sometimes don't make all that much sense - the '55' could mean something like the fifth flat in the fifth block/section of the building - which wouldn't necessarily mean there were 54 other actual flats. (For instance, it could be: flats 11, 12, 13, and 14 in block 1; 21, 22, 23 and 24 in block 2; something like that.)

I wouldn't worry abut it too much, I'm sure it'll all make sense when you get there.
Reply 66
Thanks yeah that makes total sense
xxx
Ok so I sent an email to Accommodation Office since I have not heard from Point Exe as yet, they told me to contact SIGNPOST directly and send an email. I did that, the lady said they do not have my name on the list....... Hmmmmmmmmmm QUITE odd since I received a letter indicating that I am staying at Point Exe and they are passing on my info on August 22nd. Now to hear my name is not on the list?? WOW. Impressive. So i told exeter about it and they are looking into it..... What next???:s-smilie:
Reply 68
Welcome to Exeter's shoddy admin :p:
Reply 69
peaches_kjam
Ok so I sent an email to Accommodation Office since I have not heard from Point Exe as yet, they told me to contact SIGNPOST directly and send an email. I did that, the lady said they do not have my name on the list....... Hmmmmmmmmmm QUITE odd since I received a letter indicating that I am staying at Point Exe and they are passing on my info on August 22nd. Now to hear my name is not on the list?? WOW. Impressive. So i told exeter about it and they are looking into it..... What next???:s-smilie:

You need to get back onto the Exeter accommodation office. Your contract is with them, NOT with Signpost (unless it says otherwise in your contract, correct me if I'm wrong :o: ). It is their job to make sure you receive the necessary information prior to your arrival. Remind them of this when you call.
Reply 70

The contract would actually be with Signpost - it's with the accommodation provider (like the Unite residences are). I'd say speak to the accommodation office, but you've already done that - chase it up with them if you haven't heard back soon.
I got my stuff it was an error, why didnt they provide an inventory list? My friend said she got one from her university when she studied in the UK... I.e. what is going to be in the room itself... any ideas anyone? International Student here...
Reply 72
It should be part of your contract, or if it isn't, then it's certainly listed on the university's accommodation website somewhere.
Reply 73
peaches_kjam
I got my stuff it was an error, why didnt they provide an inventory list? My friend said she got one from her university when she studied in the UK... I.e. what is going to be in the room itself... any ideas anyone? International Student here...

If your in Point Exe then basically the flats have very little.
You will need to bring a duvet, pillows and bed linen.
You will also need to bring your own cutlery, plates, pots, pans and all other kitchen utensils.
Bring the essentials but bare in mind you can always go shopping when you get there. Thats what I'm going to do...cause imagine if everybody brought a toaster/kettle/microwave ext.
Reply 74

You can certainly expect your room to have obvious study-bedroom furniture - bed, desk, chair, storage, curtains. (Incidentally, from wandering past, the curtains look like they're dark green, if anyone's desperate to buy matching duvet covers!) There's certainly lots of places in Exeter to buy stuff when you get here, if you need to.
Reply 75

Managed to get a sneaky glimpse past the fence, hope this helps some people.

I think it looks pretty swank.

Took some pics of Kingdom Mews (St Davids), as I am going to be there, so let me know if you want pictures. :smile:
Reply 76
Ooo exciting! it looks lovely :smile:
I am in Flat 50 Room C.... i am comfortable with everything..... it looks great :-)
Reply 78
Ahhh can't waittttttt!!!!
Reply 79
peaches_kjam
I am in Flat 50 Room C.... i am comfortable with everything..... it looks great :-)

I'm flat 51 so we'll be pretty close :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending