The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

there are too many to choose from but i'm on my laptop and here are some of the best from my lappytoppy :biggrin:

Reply 1381
Billa Bong
there are too many to choose from but i'm on my laptop and here are some of the best from my lappytoppy :biggrin:

:biggrin:
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Ha, I was so pleased with this one, because I could tell when I was standing on the bank that if I got in and waded to the other side, I'd be able to catch the rays of the sun coming through the steam, and I guessed that the branch coming across would add something as well. It was taken at some hot springs (a stream with some little waterfalls, and a pool beneath the biggest one which you could swim in) in a wood about 30km south of Rotorua, New Zealand.

You just have to be in the right place at the right time sometimes don't ya :smile: It looks amazing

So glad you said NZ because it's been top of my travel list for about 10 years (one day I'll get there haha)
dd1989

Reply 1384
Was taken with my little Sony DSC-S40, and I stupidly resized the photos and then overwrote the originals! I was sooo ****** off with my self haha.
Reply 1385
Some of my favourites from my recent trip to South America

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

miml

Lucky moo! I love the look of South America, those are all beautiful :yep:
miml

I've got almost exactly the same ones - of area surrouding Salar de Uyuni, I believe :p: Except that my one of the lake had some flamingoes in it, and my one of the stacks was taken froma slightly different angle.
Reply 1388
FormerlyHistoryStudent
I've got almost exactly the same ones - of area surrouding Salar de Uyuni, I believe :p: Except that my one of the lake had some flamingoes in it, and my one of the stacks was taken froma slightly different angle.

Yeah, pretty much all of them are from Bolivia, specifically, Lake Titicaca and Salar de Uyuni (the Virgin Mary statue was in Santiago). It's so easy to take a good picture when all around you there are awesome landscapes.
miml
(the Virgin Mary statue was in Santiago).

Santiago, Chile? I absolutely loved that place. Maybe because it was the very first place I went in South America, but it lived up to all my expectations. My favourite parts were the Cerro Santa Lucia & the incredible view from the top, and Inglesia San Franciso - the oldest church in Santiago, and absolutely jaw-dropping inside. Incredibly interesting. My hostel was brilliant too, and in a great area.
Reply 1390
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Santiago, Chile? I absolutely loved that place. Maybe because it was the very first place I went in South America, but it lived up to all my expectations. My favourite parts were the Cerro Santa Lucia & the incredible view from the top, and Inglesia San Franciso - the oldest church in Santiago, and absolutely jaw-dropping inside. Incredibly interesting. My hostel was brilliant too, and in a great area.

This one is from Cerro San Crisotbal, near Bellavista. I did think it was a great city though, we stayed at Chillihostel just a few blocks from Bellavista near the park. I must confess I didn't go in the church (after travelling around Europe, I decided I need a break from churches and that was almost a year ago)
miml
I must confess I didn't go in the church (after travelling around Europe, I decided I need a break from churches and that was almost a year ago)

Well, one reason why I liked it so much was because it was actually very different to any church I had seen before in Europe :p: Incredible historical atmosphere, colourful, Spanish colonialist architecture with Arabic touches, and a lot of things I had never seen before; I saw many others in South America but this remained my favourite (though the big cathedral in Santiago was also jaw-dropping inside, and I also really liked the big church in Copacabana, Bolivia. (That one was different in style again, though; they aren't all the same across South America.)
Hope no-one minds me whoring my latest image to be exhibited in a big shiny gallery...

If anyone's interested/lives in London and doesn't have much to do:
BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
Exhibition will run from 3-9 September, at Hoopers Gallery
15 Clerkenwell Close,
London
EC1R 0AA

Thanks! :smile:

marcusfox

The second one is absolutely amazing! Where was it taken? Also which city is in the first one?
First one is along the Boulevard Edgar Quinet towards the second tallest structure in Paris - the Montparnasse tower.

Second one is of a winter sunset over Lough Gill, Sligo, Ireland, but I was on the Leitrim side when I took that - view from my father's property. The sun is only in that position in December and I waited a while to get that shot.

Didn't use a DSLR - just a Canon Powershot A80
Hmm, I think I have a couple worthy of this thread.

This is my car, Aristotle, in a field that happened to have the gate open on my way to work. Shot with my Nikon 28mm f/2.8 @ f/5.6

Another of Aristotle on a country lane near a small village called Neopardy in mid Devon. Shot with my Canon 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

My girlfriend Sarah playing with my Thornton Pickard slide camera. Shot with my Nikon 28mm f2.8 @ f/8 with a speedlight bounced off the wall behind me to my right.
Nuffles
Hmm, I think I have a couple worthy of this thread.

This is my car, Aristotle, in a field that happened to have the gate open on my way to work. Shot with my Nikon 28mm f/2.8 @ f/5.6

Fantastic :smile:
99 Red Balloons
Fantastic :smile:

Thank you :smile: Rep for your niceness :biggrin: It's my desktop at the moment :yep:

This one's pretty simple, and not as well composed as any of the ones up here (which are amazing by the way) but I like it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending