The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
I've seen in magazines that UK size 16 is the national average size for a woman in Britain
Was just curious to see what everybodys size was?
Is 16 actually an accurate average?
And what size would you like to be? (boys answer what size you would like girls to be..)

I'd just like to say that the results you'll get here won't actually be an accurate average...
1) It would be an average for TSR
2) Not everyone in TSR is going to post

I'd like to be a perfect size 8.
I don't actually know of many girls who are a 16............

and I know a lot of chicks.

So I'm calling ******** on that statistic.
Reply 3
well no i was just gathering a sort of idea
it would be an average of some sort
not everybody on tsr is fat
neither is everybody on tsr thin.
Thought it was 14
i like my size, which goes up and down, but its me and thats all that matters
Friggerpants

I t hink it just averages out, like there's one town up north or something that has 3/4 overweight people or something ridiculous. Whereas some other areas may have a high proportion of thin people for example.
Surfers_Paradise*09*
Thought it was 14

That's what I thought :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Well most people on TSR are going to be teenagers and adolescents so wont get much 16's and the average etc

But I'm a size 10 and wouldnt want to be any other size as I think 10 is the best one in my opinion at least for my height.
Reply 9
i am a 14, i would like to be a 10/12... i am 5ft'11 though and fairly well proportioned so 'size' as it were doesn't bother me as long as i look and feel good. x
Reply 10
Friggerpants

There are probably just lots more morbidly obese people than stick insect people. And since you can get much much fatter than you can lighter, that's going to skew the stats a bit.
Reply 11
im a size 8/10.

and im 5ft 11

but because of my height i always have to buy sise 10 trousers, for the length, so i reckon height has a lot to do with it,

as for national average,
id say 12 is more realistic,
Reply 12
this thread has been done so many times.

SEARCH.

I'm a size 10 though, and I would like to be a size...10. oh wow look at that.
Reply 13
My measurements come to a size 9 :frown:
I'd like to be a size 8
Preferably a 6 on top 8 on bottoms like I used to be.
i'm a 16 and have heard that that is the national average

i'd like to be a 10 though i think it woyuld suit my height more, though i know i'd lose my boobs which i would not be pleased about
Reply 15
think gok wan told me it was 14/16
and i saw in a crappy magazine like reveal that it was 16
also i think i saw somewhere that apparently men think the perfect size is a 14 but the average woman would like to be a size 12?
oh im just so full of unreliable statistics hahaaa
well obviously 16 isnt going to be the average size amongst teenagers, but when you incorporate everyone else in society it bumps it up to include all the fat menopausal chicks.

I'm a size 8, i wouldnt want to be any other dress size but i wouldnt mind losing 5lbs.
Reply 17
i thought it was 14 as well

and i would love to be like a size 10 i reckon.
I'm a size 14, making my way to hopefully be a 10-12. I wouldn't want to be any smaller than that though.
Reply 19
I love a big booty. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending