The Student Room Group

Face coverings in class

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chopinnocturne31
What do you mean? Why would it cause a lack of interaction? I hate rude people 😤 I thought people were nicer because of Covid though. I’ve barely left the house though so I wouldn’t know 😂

Ive not left much apart from work til last week

I notice people in the street avoided each other and not even looking at each other and as for the person who had a go at me more people are dying because of missing cancer appointments than are dying of corvid you clown but you dont care about those people
Reply 61
Original post by sakura_23
I would love to wear a mask in school... but they’ve demanded we take them off in the building... very disappointed.

That’s really strange. Is it for safety concerns as it would be harder to identify individuals?
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
never said dont wear a mask:s-smilie: if it makes sense..........wearing it on the beach not so much
I think people have become too obsessive over corvid and forgotten other things in life....i suffer from anxiety pretty bad so I have not wore a mask outside if someone hates me for it so be it

right logging off too many morons hereI

I notice people in the street avoided each other and not even looking at each other and as for the person who had a go at me more people are dying because of missing cancer appointments than are dying of corvid you clown but you dont care about those people

I don't think you think you understand: NHS hospitals are still open...
Here's some logic reasoning for you:
More people wear masks. Fewer people go to the hospital. Less medical staff are used up. More resources for cancer patients.

People in the street have to avoid each other for social distancing though. It’s not ideal but in the current situation, it’s just how it has to be unfortunately. I’m sorry someone had a go at you :frown: I don’t think anyone is missing cancer appointments though because the hospitals are still open. It’s just that the resources are spread very very thin because they have to deal with the virus too. If we can reduce the virus by wearing masks, social distancing etc. It’s better for those cancer patients. I can assure you I do care about those people too :frown:

I notice people in the street avoided each other and not even looking at each other

Basically every single day pre-COVID on London public transport :laugh:
Original post by spqr101
Basically every single day pre-COVID on London public transport :laugh:

True true. Eye contact is not allowed on public transport 😂
Original post by Bumble18
That’s really strange. Is it for safety concerns as it would be harder to identify individuals?

I genuinely have no clue, and it doesn’t even make sense, because our school has a fingerprint system for all doors, and strangers who don’t have theirs registered can’t get in!
Original post by DiddyDec
I never had that kind of insanity at school.

its in my secondary school, too. Once i walked straight into PSHE, sat down and took my blazer off and got yelled at by the teacher. She legit made me stand up in front of everyone, put it back on then make me ask her 'please can i take my blazer off', took it off then i sat back down. There were some reasonable teachers who didn't care to enforce the stupid rule, though. and it is a state school btw.
Original post by Anonymous
its in my secondary school, too. Once i walked straight into PSHE, sat down and took my blazer off and got yelled at by the teacher. She legit made me stand up in front of everyone, put it back on then make me ask her 'please can i take my blazer off', took it off then i sat back down. There were some reasonable teachers who didn't care to enforce the stupid rule, though. and it is a state school btw.

I would have straight up refused. I have no time for unjustified authority that makes no logical sense.
People, be confident, wear face masks in schools! You can do it!
I would have straight up refused. I have no time for unjustified authority that makes no logical sense.

You have no time for being in a british school 😂
Original post by Laurence010401
You have no time for being in a british school 😂

I spent my entire childhood in British schools and none of them had utterly ridiculous rules, they didn't treat us like a bunch of ****ing morons.
I spent my entire childhood in British schools and none of them had utterly ridiculous rules, they didn't treat us like a bunch of ****ing morons.

Luckyyyyyy
At the schools I went to, everyone was treated like a bunch of ****ing morons
Original post by Laurence010401
Luckyyyyyy
At the schools I went to, everyone was treated like a bunch of ****ing morons

If nobody challenges them they will continue, this is why people need to stand up to morons.
Yes. The last thing I'd want would be to catch it or more importantly pass on COVID to other students and the teachers (many of whom are elderly and therefore at high risk). I think it would be really selfish not to do so.
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
People in the street have to avoid each other for social distancing though. It’s not ideal but in the current situation, it’s just how it has to be unfortunately. I’m sorry someone had a go at you :frown: I don’t think anyone is missing cancer appointments though because the hospitals are still open. It’s just that the resources are spread very very thin because they have to deal with the virus too. If we can reduce the virus by wearing masks, social distancing etc. It’s better for those cancer patients. I can assure you I do care about those people too :frown:

Actually its well reported that people are missing appointment s and that people are too scared to get checked because of covid
Reply 76
Original post by Bumble18
When/if your classes resume in September, would you voluntarily wear a face covering if not mandatory?

i wont be going to school so poggers lmao xd
Reply 77
Original post by sakura_23
I genuinely have no clue, and it doesn’t even make sense, because our school has a fingerprint system for all doors, and strangers who don’t have theirs registered can’t get in!

They might have to get rid of those! Having many students touching a fingerprint scanner will spread that virus fast!
Actually its well reported that people are missing appointment s and that people are too scared to get checked because of covid

How is this relevant?
We are talking about-face coverings, which actually prevents COVID transmission and therefore reduces hospital resources for cancer patients.
We can't go back in the past and stop the pandemic, but we can certainly reduce it.
Original post by Destinex
How is this relevant?
We are talking about-face coverings, which actually prevents COVID transmission and therefore reduces hospital resources for cancer patients.
We can't go back in the past and stop the pandemic, but we can certainly reduce it.

great great great great great great great......leave me alone:frown:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending