The Student Room Group

bank no replies

£50 got taken from my account last month and i got it refunded from my bank few weeks ago but yesterday it says refund reversal and the money was taken back so im now overdrawn about -£47 and my bank puts me on hold for so long and then jus cuts off the call because its such a long hold to get me to talk to someone. and when i message them they say to call. what should i do???
Oh no that sounds awful. Banks are getting more diffcult. i too have the same problem trying to speak to the bank. Just keep trying or write them a letter .
Reply 2
Original post by Kutie Karen
Oh no that sounds awful. Banks are getting more diffcult. i too have the same problem trying to speak to the bank. Just keep trying or write them a letter .

do you think this counts as urgent?
because they say if its urgent then i should press 0 and it will get to them quicker but im not sure bc i dont want people who really really need help to get delayed
Original post by Anonymous
do you think this counts as urgent?
because they say if its urgent then i should press 0 and it will get to them quicker but im not sure bc i dont want people who really really need help to get delayed

It is not urgent compared to other peoples problems. However, if you are overdrawn, you are likely to rack up charges so I would in your situation press 0 and speak to someone before you get into serious debt.due to charges. Good luck and let us know how you got on.
Reply 4
£50 got taken from my account last month and i got it refunded from my bank few weeks ago but yesterday it says refund reversal and the money was taken back

This sounds like the sort of situation where the bank will write to you to explain why the money was taken back. You'll probably get a letter in the next day or two.

Can you clarify what happened? Did £50 get taken from the account, you queried the transaction, and they refunded it? If so, it sounds like they refunded the money in the interim while they made further enquiries. If they've reversed the refund it sounds like their investigations indicated that the orginal transaction was correct. If that's the case, I'd be very surprised if they didn't send you a letter in post to explain what's going on.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
This sounds like the sort of situation where the bank will write to you to explain why the money was taken back. You'll probably get a letter in the next day or two.

Can you clarify what happened? Did £50 get taken from the account, you queried the transaction, and they refunded it? If so, it sounds like they refunded the money in the interim while they made further enquiries. If they've reversed the refund it sounds like their investigations indicated that the orginal transaction was correct. If that's the case, I'd be very surprised if they didn't send you a letter in post to explain what's going on.

yeah thats what happened. but i provided proof that the transaction wasnt made by me and also it was made in another country. anyways i would’ve thought that they’d let me know before taking the money back because i’m now overdrawn? idk
Reply 6
yeah thats what happened. but i provided proof that the transaction wasnt made by me and also it was made in another country. anyways i would’ve thought that they’d let me know before taking the money back because i’m now overdrawn? idk

I would hope that they warned you when you disputed the transaction that they might reinstate the charge if they decided it was legitimate. They'll almost certainly be writing to you, but perhaps also check to see if there any messages for you in your bank's online banking service. Otherwise you'll have to try ringing them again; or alternatively try visiting a branch (if there's one local to you).
If it happened in another country and you proved it then what has gone on?:confused:
Original post by Kutie Karen
If it happened in another country and you proved it then what has gone on?:confused:

You can order online. It sounds like they've decided that the OP made the transaction. They could obviously be wrong though.
Reply 9
Original post by RogerOxon
You can order online. It sounds like they've decided that the OP made the transaction. They could obviously be wrong though.

it was made on uber tho so i cant make that online unless im in that country. how can this be fair i’ve got £50 taken from my account from someone and cant get this money back because they think its me?
it was made on uber tho so i cant make that online unless im in that country. how can this be fair i’ve got £50 taken from my account from someone and cant get this money back because they think its me?

Go through their complaints procedure. If that fails, sue them (Small Claims Procedure).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending