The Student Room Group

is it too late to think i have a chance at dentistry

I've been rally confused as to what I want to do in the future but now I'm thinking about dentistry, I originally applied for nursing but now I want to change is it too late now? if not what would I have to do?
I think it’s too late to change as in you couldn’t start dentistry this September. What you could do is reject your nursing offers, take a gap year to build up your dentistry application and then apply next year. For dentistry, you have to take the UCAT entry exam which takes about 4 weeks to prepare for, and testing closes on October 3rd I believe. So even though you could take the UCAT this cycle, you have to think about interviews, your personal statement, any work experience etc. I’m a medicine hopeful so I don’t know the specifics of dentistry, but I’m assuming it’s very similar. If someone said I’m going to change my career plans to medicine at this stage in the current cycle I would advise to apply next year instead of this year. But that’s just me, like I said, I don’t know the specifics of medicine so hopefully someone who does will reply and be able to help you out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending