The Student Room Group

Vacation Scheme Applications - Official Thread 2009!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Tasha-twi
Don't worry Gosha, I got this email last year, reapplied this year, and they are now checking my references.

Hopefully you'll have a tc come september anyway:smile:

Yeah, that would be amazing, thanks! It's just that I really like them and was happy with my application. Anyway, what a day, also got rejected from LG.

Ph and well done with your application (I thought that checking references effectively means an interview? ) and good luck! You're non-law as well, right?
Gosha
Yeah, that would be amazing, thanks! It's just that I really like them and was happy with my application. Anyway, what a day, also got rejected from LG.

Ph and well done with your application (I thought that checking references effectively means an interview? ) and good luck! You're non-law as well, right?

well at least you have a vac scheme- a very good one as well!

lol well they sent me a "we are checking your references" message 2 weeks ago. I also had the same message from herbert smith about 4 months ago and they rejected me yday! Hoping its a good sign though.

yeh I'm final year non-law
Reply 1382
I've got an interview at the DLA liverpool office. Has anyone had one with them yet? It's my first one on monday, pretty nervous!
INTERVIEW WITH DLA PIPER!!! yay!!! only problem is its the day after my Taylor Wessing one = not much time to prepare! xx
Wow, well done blinkbelle! Which office is it for?

How many interviews have you got?!

Congrats!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
slanted_and_enchanted
Wow, well done blinkbelle! Which office is it for?

How many interviews have you got?!

Congrats!

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Its for the Leeds office (my home city-woop woop!)
I'm over the moon!!
Had a BLP telephone interview which = rejection
Have Withers interview tomorrow, Taylor Wessing a week today, and now DLA a week tomorrow! Actually can't believe it I'm so happy! xx
Reply 1386
Cool, well done. Have you heard anything about how intense the interview is? I like how we don't have to any assessment lol
had an interview today with dechert. they were REALLY lovely! also got an email from SJ Berwin saying that they like my application but there are no more places for interview! :frown:
Has anybody heard from Farrer & Co yet? I applied in the middle of December and haven't heard yet!! SJ Berwin rejection today :frown: oh well I'll just add that to the list!!
Reply 1389
lawyer_manc
had an interview today with dechert. they were REALLY lovely! also got an email from SJ Berwin saying that they like my application but there are no more places for interview! :frown:

Have a look on RoF for some Berwin VS chat.... do it!
Interview with SJ Berwin :smile:

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 1391
Hehe! Jess, get yourself over to RoF too, some really bruised egos over there re; Berwin!

Oh and well done! :smile:
ssk2
Hehe! Jess, get yourself over to RoF too, some really bruised egos over there re; Berwin!

I feel a bit stupid but where abouts on roll on friday? is there a forum? i dont use the site much!
Reply 1394
I got the same email off SJ Berwin today about no more spaces for interviews. I class that as a nice rejection lol
Lauhip
I got the same email off SJ Berwin today about no more spaces for interviews. I class that as a nice rejection lol

ohh! is that what is it? they said they are going to contact me in the next 2 weeks though! why would they do that?!
ssk2

Oh, Ive seen it now, thanks for that!

Seems like a dead loss then!
Reply 1397
"However, your application is of interest to us, and if an interview vacancy becomes available, we will contact you as soon as possible"

I wont be getting my hopes up lol, did yours specifically say 2 weeks? That sounds more promising.
My apps are going really badly!

Rejected from White & Case, Cleary Gottlieb, Dewey & LeBoeuf, Eversheds, Latham & Watkins, Simmons Simmons, Clifford Chance, Linklaters, Baker & McKenzie, SJ Berwin and Taylor Wessing!!

Ouch!!

Did apply to most of them pretty late though and a few said they were interested in my application and invited me to open day.

Had WGM interview last week which didn't go great and got one at Freshfields next month, but still waiting for quite a few replies!
Reply 1399
Actually, I STILL haven't heard back from White & Case. Probably a bad sign if we're being honest... heh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending