The Student Room Group

Keep failing my theory test by a couple of marks

Is this happening to anyone else?! So annoying. I passed my hazard perception today and failed my theory test by 2 marks. 3rd time round. I keep passing on the app. When will I ever get there 😩😩😩
Reply 1
Which app are you using?
Reply 2
Don't know if it's the same in the UK but the DVLA here sells a practice app that has all the possible questions in the test. Went through all of them the night before and there was nothing I didn't know how to answer when I sat the test. So if you can get a similar app, just brute force it until you don't get any questions wrong anymore
Reply 3
i got the app free passed 49/50 and 58 hazard pm me if you want it
I used Toptests mock exams, didn;' cost a penny.

If you're failing you need to revise more, that's all there is to it. You should not be seeing a single question you don;t already know the answer to.

(I failed my first one by 1, because I had only skimmed the caravan section thinking I didn't care about it...then got hit with like 4 caravan questions 'What is the correct transit position of the jockey wheel'.....'WTF is a jockey wheel?' :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Kibser
Which app are you using?

4 in 1 theory app
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
I used Toptests mock exams, didn;' cost a penny.

If you're failing you need to revise more, that's all there is to it. You should not be seeing a single question you don;t already know the answer to.

(I failed my first one by 1, because I had only skimmed the caravan section thinking I didn't care about it...then got hit with like 4 caravan questions 'What is the correct transit position of the jockey wheel'.....'WTF is a jockey wheel?' :s-smilie:

I click on the option “previously answered incorrectly” and I pass on the app. I do it once a day along with the hazard perception which I pass. Not sure what to do
Get this. and don't take the actual test until you can pass it comfortably every time.

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/
Reply 8
Original post by drivingstress
Get this. and don't take the actual test until you can pass it comfortably every time.

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/

I do pass every time most of the time getting 49 ish out of 50 that’s why I book it ☺️
Reply 9
There are so many questions out there and question banks. Honestly just rinse the Hell out of them man.

At the end of the day there should not be a single question that you can't confidently answer.

Literally be as anal about things as you can. It's the Highway Code and you need to learn it. Know it inside out!
Original post by Paige26xx
I do pass every time most of the time getting 49 ish out of 50 that’s why I book it ☺️

..You pass every time...most of the time...49---ish

You're evidently not prepared, revise it properly, it's not a wussy school test where you can lazily lob out a 70% and pass, you need to know everything they might ask, because see if you don't know 1 question? They'll ask that same question 4 times.
Reply 11
Original post by StriderHort
..You pass every time...most of the time...49---ish

You're evidently not prepared, revise it properly, it's not a wussy school test where you can lazily lob out a 70% and pass, you need to know everything they might ask, because see if you don't know 1 question? They'll ask that same question 4 times.

Yeah I never get 50:50.. maybe I am not doing it enough but I’m trying to and I find it difficult with a toddler. I’ve been revising on and off for a year loosing some focus. Next one is booked for October so hopefully that’s a pass (5th time lucky)
Original post by Paige26xx
Yeah I never get 50:50.. maybe I am not doing it enough but I’m trying to and I find it difficult with a toddler. I’ve been revising on and off for a year loosing some focus. Next one is booked for October so hopefully that’s a pass (5th time lucky)

Did you pass I’m having the same exact problem where I get 48/50 on the mocks and fail yh the theory by 1 mark, it’s going to be my 5th time doing the theory too?
Yep keeps happening to mee too had my test yesterday and failed by 3 but before new year I faild by 1 on the theory
Reply 14
please provide app details i was fail 1st time 37/50 hazard 65marks but no confident booking second time please share app details

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending