The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

4 hours 40 minutes worth.

If I dropped Computing I would have 9 hours 20 minutes worth. Plus I'd finish before lunch on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. My school is not allowing me to drop it though. :frown:
Reply 2
about 5 hours i spose, but i have to do school service for a lesson...

doesnt really work out too well tho as 4 of my 5 free lessons are on mondays=(, but on my free's i can go gym wooo=)
Reply 3
5 hours; last year I had 3, so no major improvement there :p:
Reply 4
5 - would be 10 if I was normal and had dropped a subject... :rolleyes:
2 & 1/2 hours, but it's not 'free', it's Private Study. ****ing school.
I think in my final year of A levels I had to do 12 hours of lessons a week, so about 13 hours worth of frees :biggrin:
Reply 7
I had 5 periods a week, so a bit less than 5 hours.
'Course they were technically study as well..
Reply 8
9h 20min. :biggrin:
Reply 9
10 hours worth
Reply 10
10 ... TEN!!!!!
(oficially 11 but we talked to the Art History teacher and she moved some stuff)

I am starting my first out of three for today right now. It really makes me feel sick. It's such a waste of time.
Reply 11
According to my timetable... none :frown:
Everyone actually got told that we wouldn't have free periods to laze around in :shifty:
i got 12 free's, all 40 minutes so.......... i was never good at maths xD erm about 8 hours? including games and a random R.E. lesson (Catholic sixth form...) it's actually 10 hours and 40 mins. having my second free ever in a2 right now xD
9 hours worth last year, and if I'd stayed at that college then I would've had 13.5 hours this years :rolleyes:
Reply 14
13 and 1/2 hours but i go to a college and the day starts at 9 and finishes at 4
Well here is my timetable because I can go home as soon as i've finished my classes.

Monday
9:00am-10:30am = Eng Lit
11:00am-1:00pm = RE
HOME :biggrin:

Tuesday
9:00am-10:30am = RE
11:00am-12:00pm = Cope(Certificate Of Personal Effectiveness)
2:00pm-4:00pm = Sociology
Home :smile:

Wednessday
9:00am-10:30am = Eng Lit
11:00am-12:30pm = Sociology

Thursday
9:00am-11:00am = Eng Lit
2:30pm-4:00pm = Sociology
Home :smile:

Friday
9:00am-10:30am = RE
14 ftw!!!!
Reply 17
I'm officially jealous. I only got 4/5 hours of frees a week last year and because I don't think I'm going to drop anything then it looks like I'm going to have the same measly amount again this year :frown: Keeps me busy I suppose...
Is the amount of frees one gets usually in accordance to how many A levels you're doing? Ie, someone doing 3 AS levels is going to have significantly more frees than someone doing 5?
Reply 19
burninginme
Is the amount of frees one gets usually in accordance to how many A levels you're doing? Ie, someone doing 3 AS levels is going to have significantly more frees than someone doing 5?

Generally, but it depends on the school and how many hours of timetables lessons you get.

Latest