The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
5 hours 50 in the first year but 1hr10 was used up by general studies:rolleyes:
Also it was never free time it was 'guided learning'
In the second year after dropping a subject 11hr40.
Ahhh free periods. Good times.
11.5 hours, 3 A levels.
Reply 22
Ok hold on, what's GOOD about them? Wouldn't anyone rather be at home than stuck at school for 4 hours waiting for one more hour of history?
I used to have 10 one week and 12 the other (had a two-week timetable)

I miss frees loads :frown: There is no nicer way to waste time than with my friends and Pot Noodles in the common room, playing MarioKart! Also towards the end of the year I found it a lot easier to do work at school than at home so frees were very useful too!
Reply 24
nothing... have to do art AS in my frees :biggrin:
Reply 25
I have Wednesday afternoons off
Thursday morning is free (Or Critical Thinking/Financial Studies...haven't decided if i want to), but required to be in school for a "study" period:mad:
Anddd, Friday afternoons off :smile:
Reply 26
Why do you all have so many?

I have 3/4
and im only taking 4AS!
Picking up a fifth. Ill have NONE!
Reply 27
ezia
I have Wednesday afternoons off
Thursday morning is free (Or Critical Thinking/Financial Studies...haven't decided if i want to), but required to be in school for a "study" period:mad:
Anddd, Friday afternoons off :smile:

Financial Studies? Didn't know that existed.
Reply 28
:eek: Everyone has soo many :frown:
I have NONE and doing 5 AS levels
Reply 29
One a week.

Lasts 35 minutes
Reply 30
Ohh im quite lucky then, i have 12 free lessons.
I have 6 on one day! Meaning that I have no lessons and dont have to go into school! :woo:
Reply 31
aimz08
:eek: Everyone has soo many :frown:
I have NONE and doing 5 AS levels

:s-smilie:
I'm doing 2 ASs and 2 intensive A-levels (AS and A2 in one year) and I still have 9 hours of frees.
We have a 7 day timetable in my school. So for example if Monday is day 1, Tuesday is day 2, Wednesday is day 3 and so forth. We have 5 "free" lessons during the whole seven day period which consists of 35 lessons. That's only 5 hours over 7 days, which really isn't a lot :no:
Reply 33
approx. 18 hours a week.. :cool:
Im doing Maths and History at my school.. then one lesson every week for Further Maths and distance learning for Economics.
I only have 5 frees, and there are 40 lessons a week. I have 2 doubles of 75 mins each and a single of 35 mins, so overall 3hrs5mins free. But then again I am doing 4 subjects this year, and I'd have an extra 4 double frees if I didn't pick up FM AS. Then I'd have around 8 hours of frees.
Reply 35
Draconis
Financial Studies? Didn't know that existed.

Head of economics proposed it to us today, had never heard of it before.
I think you just learn how to manage money and stuff like that, yet obviously much more indepth:p:
I was at college so it was abit different. I could come and go as i pleased, but living 1 hour & a half away from college by bus made it abit more difficult. Doing 3 A2's & 1 AS this was my time table.. if i remember correctly.

Monday:
Env. (as) 3.00-4.30

Tuesday:
Env, (As) 9.15-10.45
Env. (A2) 11-12.30
Psychology, 3.00-4.30

Wednesday:
Psychology 9.15-10.45
Biology 11-12.30

Thursday:
Env (a2) 9.15-10.30
Psychology 1.30-3.00